Introduction - OfficialTechSpace

OfficialTechSpace

• YouTube
Introduction - OfficialTechSpace
« on: 10 Jul 2022, 10:11 am »
Hello everyone, I'm new here to the forum.

My name is Dylan, and I'm a relatively newfound audio enthusiast. I just started picking up knowledge on this subject starting maybe 2 years back.
My first love was IEMs, which then graduated to headphones, and now speakers. Hopefully one day I'll have a system worthy of comparison to what I've seen in this circle.
I'm only 18, but I hope I'm able to keep up with the likes of you all!

I'm based in British Columbia, and this is my current system. It's not the greatest by any means, but it shows a steady state of progression.
I run two Mackie MR524 nearfield monitors on my desktop, paired with another Mackie MRS10 subwoofer. They do well, but I'm always itching for the next best thing.
Next to that you'll see my SMSL SP200 THX-888 AAA amplifier, paired with a two SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII DACs, and two RDL AV-HK1 isolation modules (probably greatly degrades sound, I'm learning).
Plugged in and daily-driven are my HiFiMan Ananda's, which if have EQ corrected to comply to my own neutral target I've developed as I've went along.

I have an XDUOO XD-05 Basic DAC/Amp rubber-banded to an old smartphone as a dedicated portable media player.
This usually powers whatever IEMs I decide to take out for the day, which consist of: the 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, and Blon BL-03.

My taste in music leans towards a lot of older recordings. That may just be at the fault of my production bias though, because I sample a lot of older/lesser-known music for my own projects.
For the sake of following the forum guidelines though, I won't self-advertise the name.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read my nonsense, I appreciate it. I'll be seeing you all around!

Phil A

Re: Introduction - OfficialTechSpace
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2022, 12:46 pm »
Welcome!

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2022, 12:52 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2022, 01:05 pm »
Welcome!

Nice introduction.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2022, 04:52 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Dylan   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2022, 05:32 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

toocool4

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2022, 07:17 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle OfficialTechSpace