Benchmark Electronics

Figaro

Benchmark Electronics
« on: 3 Jul 2022, 03:10 pm »
Anyone else using Benchmark Electronics? DAC or LA4 Or AHB2? Comments, opinions?

Bruce

CSI

Re: Benchmark Electronics
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2022, 01:06 am »
Yes. I have the AHB2 and the DAC3-B. I've been an out-of-control audiophile for over 60 years. And, yes, I can still hear pretty well. My first really great components were Marantz tube gear, 8B amp and 7 preamp (which I should have kept and sold for a small fortune, but who knew?). How does Benchmark compare? Superbly. If you are contemplating a purchase, just do it. The stuff is wonderful and bullet proof. I've already given my wife instructions to resell it for top dollar when I'm gone.

jjss49

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2022, 01:36 am »
excellent gear but in the 'clear and clean' school of sound, no added warmth or harmonic richness

buyers trying to manage system synergy should note the above

Figaro

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2022, 01:35 pm »
Yes. I have the AHB2 and the DAC3-B. I've been an out-of-control audiophile for over 60 years. And, yes, I can still hear pretty well. My first really great components were Marantz tube gear, 8B amp and 7 preamp (which I should have kept and sold for a small fortune, but who knew?). How does Benchmark compare? Superbly. If you are contemplating a purchase, just do it. The stuff is wonderful and bullet proof. I've already given my wife instructions to resell it for top dollar when I'm gone.

I've also been at this some 60+ years and fortunately, still hear pretty well, what?
Any way, I have the DAC2 HGC, LA4, and AHB2. Waiting for my M3s to arrive.
Thanks for your input.

AllanS

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2022, 01:55 pm »
I know Cloud recommended the AHB2 to me when asking about amplification for my M4.  There are a few others who have posted about their experiences but, like most anything here, YMMV.  I read a lot on the AHB2 and came away very impressed with how they go about business. Enjoy!

Mr. Big

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2022, 03:11 pm »
Benchmark even by the own sales team says, clean, clean and clean that is their sound. So you have to like that sound, I heard them and they did sound as designed, but I like more tone, color and weight, so while not for me, they will superb for those who would enjoy their sonics.

JDoyle

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2022, 03:25 pm »
DAC3, HPA4 and AHB2 for me. 
Very happy with this nicely compact and easy to setup system for my Salk Encores  :thumb:

Had an issue with my DAC that was intermittent,  :scratch: so they replaced the board under warranty, no questions asked.
Absolutely Fantastic old fashioned American Customer Service!

newzooreview

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2022, 09:06 pm »
DAC3, HPA4 and AHB2 for me. 
Very happy with this nicely compact and easy to setup system for my Salk Encores  :thumb:

Had an issue with my DAC that was intermittent,  :scratch: so they replaced the board under warranty, no questions asked.
Absolutely Fantastic old fashioned American Customer Service!

Yes, they have very knowledgable and accessible customer support. If you call or e-mail, you get an answer from someone who knows their stuff. It's like contacting Pass Labs in that regard. Support for customers is provided by people with expertise and first-hand knowledge, not someone clicking through a script of allowable replies who hasn't actually used the products and who doesn't understand them. I feel sorry for people put in that type of position.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jul 2022, 09:36 pm »
I've been using an AHB2 for close to two years now. Flipping gear has been a hobby/sickness for the last 20 years, but I have zero desire to replace the amp. I was using a DAC3 HGC, as well as a HPA4 up until a few months ago when I bought a Lumin D2 streamer. I like the sound of the D2's dac so sold the DAC3.