Bryston SP1.7 or Something More Recent

artur9

Re: Bryston SP1.7 or Something More Recent
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jun 2022, 02:19 am »
And, the only reason I purchased the SP3 is due to an article I read on it in Stereophile magazine by Kal Rubinson.

The OP could learn a lot by reading Kal Rubinson's articles in Stereophile.  I don't think he does processors anymore, sadly.

Here's a start: https://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round?page=3

gbaby

« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2022, 03:18 am »
The OP could learn a lot by reading Kal Rubinson's articles in Stereophile.  I don't think he does processors anymore, sadly.

Here's a start: https://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round?page=3

I am glad you know about Kal and I appreciate you posting the link on his review of the SP3. I noted the article was dated May 2012; well by July 2012, I was at an audio store called "The HiFi House" in Jenkinstown, Pennsylvania and I purchased it immediately upon hearing it with some high end Sonus Faber speakers and the Bryston 14BSST2. The sound put a hugh smile on my face and I had to have it. Was it easy to purchase, no. Was it worth it, yes.  8) I did agonize over the expenditure. But, you have to pay for Class A circuits, balanced digital input and the like.

artur9

« Reply #22 on: 23 Jun 2022, 01:45 am »
I am glad you know about Kal and I appreciate you posting the link on his review of the SP3. I noted the article was dated May 2012; well by July 2012, I was at an audio store called "The HiFi House" in Jenkinstown, Pennsylvania ...

I was auditioning systems at Hifi House 2013-2014.  Before I could decide on what I wanted, they got bank liquidated in 2014  :(  I bought some stuff from their other store's liquidation sale.

I heard awesome stuff there, most notably the Sonus Faber and Totem Tribe III.

The SP3 was/is out of my price range.  I settled for the Krell Foundation, which I'm quite happy with.  I can't see upgrading from it because (1) everything with comparable sonics is so freaking expensive and (2) I only want 7.x - no need for Atmos, ever.

gbaby

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jun 2022, 01:41 pm »
I was auditioning systems at Hifi House 2013-2014.  Before I could decide on what I wanted, they got bank liquidated in 2014  :(  I bought some stuff from their other store's liquidation sale.

I heard awesome stuff there, most notably the Sonus Faber and Totem Tribe III.

The SP3 was/is out of my price range.  I settled for the Krell Foundation, which I'm quite happy with.  I can't see upgrading from it because (1) everything with comparable sonics is so freaking expensive and (2) I only want 7.x - no need for Atmos, ever.

I am sorry the HiFi House went bankrupt. It was the best audio store I'd ever visited and I believe it was three floors of equipment and gear. I also remember the Krell Foundation as it had DSD before the SP3. :D I have a Krell KAV-500 powering my center, and rear channels on my SP3 and a Bryston 2.5sst2 powering my main speakers. I also don't need Atmos, ever.  :lol: