Amplifier pairing with GR Research X-Static

backpacker28

Amplifier pairing with GR Research X-Static
« on: 20 Jun 2022, 08:32 pm »
Hi Everybody!

I'm new to this forum, and I dont usually post much.  I've been in this hobby for about 5 years, and came across some X-Static's.  I love the presentation and imagining.  Coming from a pair of Vienna Mozarts (1st Gen), these had more sparkle and clarity.  I've paired them with a single SVS 3000 subwoofer, tuned with the crossover around 30khz. 
I have the speakers about 4 ft into the room, and the imaging is great.

I mostly listen to Classical, Jazz, Blues and Rock on Vinyl.  I run an early 80's model LP-12 with the hercules mod, Emotiva XSP gen 2 preamp, and an Aragon 4004 MKii amplifier.  Im pretty happy with how everything sounds, but always wondering what could take it up a notch.

My primary question is this: What amps are people using to run these?  They dont seem to be power hungry, but I am curious to what pairs well.  Any thoughts out there? 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Amplifier pairing with GR Research X-Static
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2022, 08:57 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

DannyBadorine

Re: Amplifier pairing with GR Research X-Static
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2022, 09:42 pm »
I don't have the X-Statiks, but I built a similar speaker that has the exact some low drivers (2x M165 woofers) in the exact same size cabinet.  I have the tubes4hifi VTA120 tube amplifier.  It sounds amazing and I think it would be great with the X-Statiks.  It has 60 watts per side and would drive them well. 
http://www.tubes4hifi.com