Charney Audio Companions R N Da Howwwsss!

rodge827

Charney Audio Companions R N Da Howwwsss!
« on: 19 Jun 2022, 03:10 am »
Just picked up my new Charney Audio Companions with maple fronts and Voxativ AF2.6 drivers. Been scrimping and saving for these beauties for the better part of 18 months. Picked them up a couple of weeks ago and have been in sonic bliss since. Sweet clean balanced engaging sound that brings the artists into the room. Deep well defined bass that my brother just can’t believe. He swears I have a sub hidden in my room…jokes on him! System pictured is Sparkler Audio 503s CD player > Luminous Audio Axiom passive preamp (ANK M4 is being upgraded) > ANK 300b Interstage Mono Block Amps all wiring is Jena Labs. Hope to get my preamp bac soon and let the music flow!

« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2022, 06:07 pm by rodge827 »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: My New Charney Audio Companions R N Da Howwwsss!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2022, 03:24 am »
Nice, congratulations.

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2022, 03:25 am »
Hey!

Congratulation! I've only heard Voxativ drivers at the audio show and always find them sounded great. Yes, I'd would love to have those drivers but can't afford them. Maybe I need to live on instant ramen noodles for a long while so I can buy them :icon_lol:

Anyway, love your set up there ANK 300B Monoblocks look sweet.

Buddy

rodge827

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2022, 03:39 am »
  Thanks FRM and Buddy  8)
 I didn’t have to eat ramen noodles but put off a lot of other small luxuries that add up.
The amps do sound sweet and have great control over the drivers. I had JJ 300b’s in them at first they had a big meaty sound. Then I put in a pair of Genelex Golden Lion 300b’s and everything balanced out with a much more natural and coherent presentation. Funny thing is the JJ sounded better in my old pair with the Omega RS7 drivers…synergy!

azchump

Re: Charney Audio Companions R N Da Howwwsss!
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2022, 02:42 am »
Very nice.  Did you consider the AER driver?  Brian makes good speakers.  I was considering the Concerto. 

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2022, 08:05 am »
Congratulations!

rodge827

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2022, 11:19 am »
Very nice.  Did you consider the AER driver?  Brian makes good speakers.  I was considering the Concerto.

My room is on the small side 11x15x8. So I went with Brians recommendation to use the 6” Voxativ drivers. AER drivers are fantastic but are only available in 8” and too big for my room. The Concerto with the AER bd3 is an amazing set up. You could use every audio cliche and then some to describe the sound and be correct. Simply put the Concerto AER bd3 is the top of the heap if you have a room that can handle them.