Bryston audio i/o for location recordings

jean7007

Bryston audio i/o for location recordings
« on: 18 Jun 2022, 04:16 pm »
Hi Bryston,

For any music to be recorded digitally (on a laptop, Mac or computer) Audio I/O is needed.
Some 2,3,or 4 microphone inputs for dynamic/ condensor, +48 phantom switch, balanced line input.
When the recording is made, listen back to the recording, line out/ headphone output.
Audio i/o with USB connection, Thunderbolt connection to the computer.
Great faders for example by P&G.
Transformers by Lundahl.

A point of view by Denmark B&K is that all that is there in music should be recorded.
Microphone input analogue frequency response up to 100Khz or higher. Same for line output.

Sadly, for mobile recording of the B&K not many portable units are available for the modern way of location recording Apple Macbook with Ableton Live/ Pro Tools.

I love Bryston equipment and their sound.
Bryston could jump to the front of audio recording if they would create such an audio i.o.

Jean

R. Daneel

Re: Bryston audio i/o for location recordings
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2022, 11:35 am »
Hi Bryston,

For any music to be recorded digitally (on a laptop, Mac or computer) Audio I/O is needed.
Some 2,3,or 4 microphone inputs for dynamic/ condensor, +48 phantom switch, balanced line input.
When the recording is made, listen back to the recording, line out/ headphone output.
Audio i/o with USB connection, Thunderbolt connection to the computer.
Great faders for example by P&G.
Transformers by Lundahl.

A point of view by Denmark B&K is that all that is there in music should be recorded.
Microphone input analogue frequency response up to 100Khz or higher. Same for line output.

Sadly, for mobile recording of the B&K not many portable units are available for the modern way of location recording Apple Macbook with Ableton Live/ Pro Tools.

I love Bryston equipment and their sound.
Bryston could jump to the front of audio recording if they would create such an audio i.o.

Jean

Hi Jean!

As far as I know, the closest thing to the recording console you’re describing that Bryston made was a microphone preamp. I think it’s still sought-after and quite rare. They also make a professional line of power amplifiers which you already know – I read that you own a 2BLP in your other thread.

But for Bryston to manufacture a fully-fledged recording interface with USB or Thunderbold just doesn’t make any sense. It’s not going to happen mate, I am sorry.

Besides, the market is saturated with devices like these, from the least expensive Focusrite models to the most expensive custom-made consoles built for Channel Classics and Sony Mastering in Japan, and everything in-between. What you are describing would likely fall into the “expensive category” . Depending on your location, you can contact professional audio-video consultants and have them design a space for you, both acoustically and electronically. Some studios might even have equipment they don’t use that you could buy from them. This isn’t exactly a one-day-purchase and you are looking to spend some serious money here.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Antun

newzooreview

Re: Bryston audio i/o for location recordings
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2022, 12:36 pm »
I use the MixPre II from Sound Devices. It works well.

https://www.sounddevices.com/mixpre/

They make 3, 4, and 8 preamp versions, depending on the number of mics needed.