cd players for sale?

Magnus

cd players for sale?
« on: 17 Jun 2022, 05:56 pm »
A friend upgraded his system, and was kind enough to give me his receiver and speakers...so I'm back in the audio game. I got a Denon CD player that sort of amusingly has pitch control...but some loading issues. It is beating my Sony carousel changer. Then scored a Rotel rcd 930 ax for $25 that has loading issues...and is a bit glitchy...but is an superb sounding player. Now, I guess I'm suffering from the Icarus Syndrome...wanting to get even closer to better and better sound, and play the first time. Would anyone have a cd player to sell in the $100-200 range that could get into that Rotel territory or beyond?

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
Re: cd players for sale?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2022, 06:13 pm »
I've not personally heard that Rotel, but I have two Kyocera DA-410cx players that I'd be willing to part with. Price would be in the range you're looking for, and you'd be more than welcome to try one out to see if you like it.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kyocera/da-410cx.shtml

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2022, 06:16 pm »

It's the unit pictured at the bottom of this rack.

Magnus

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2022, 02:49 am »
I've not personally heard that Rotel, but I have two Kyocera DA-410cx players that I'd be willing to part with. Price would be in the range you're looking for, and you'd be more than welcome to try one out to see if you like it.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kyocera/da-410cx.shtml

This is very tempting. Thank you. I’ll read up on it. I didn’t even know Kyocera made CD players.

Magnus

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2022, 07:39 pm »
I did some research, and despite its age; I’m interested. Sounds like a good player. I don’t know when a good time to audition it might be. But I’m located in South County. I can reach out to you via a PM. Thank you!

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2022, 10:26 pm »
I did some research, and despite its age; I’m interested. Sounds like a good player. I don’t know when a good time to audition it might be. But I’m located in South County. I can reach out to you via a PM. Thank you!

It’s a good sounding player, and I’m happy to let you audition it.

Craig