Al Dente

« on: 14 Jun 2022, 01:39 am »
Hi everybody I'm a new member here. I inherited a pair of Beolab 4000 MK1 speakers that I am having a problem with.

I'm finding this site so overwhelming with information that I don't know where to post my question.

I have this pair of Beolab 4000 MK1 speakers that I have been using for 11 years. Now one speaker started to go on and off rapidly without any audio signal while in the standby mode. Then shortly afterwards it stayed on (without audio signal) with a loud hum. Now every time I switch it to standby mode, the green led goes on and the speaker makes a loud continuous hum. The hum does not change whether the audio cable is plugged in or not. I swapped it with the other good speaker using the power cord from the good speaker which is plugged in to a different outlet. The hum still continued regardless of the location.

Please guide me to the appropriate circle for a solution. Would greatly appreciate all comments, Thank you.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2022, 01:51 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
I will move this topic to The Lab Circle.

Al Dente

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2022, 05:03 pm »
Thank you for moving my post to the appropriate circle but now I worry that my topic is not relevant to the problem I am having.

Is there any way of changing this topic to "Beolab 4000 humming" or repost it that way? I'm afraid that I will not get the proper responses the way it is.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2022, 06:08 pm »
I moved it back so that this can be your your personal introduction thread.

You are welcome to repost your Beolab question in The Lab with the new title.

Welcome to AudioCircle, Al!

and thanks FRM

Al Dente

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2022, 11:39 pm »
Thank you, I'm sorry for the confusion.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2022, 02:10 am »
No problem at all!  We're glad to have you here.
I hope you will remain part of the AC community even after your speakers are fixed.