How many pairs of BePure 2s are out there?

TKonrad.NOLA

How many pairs of BePure 2s are out there?
« on: 2 Jun 2022, 05:05 pm »
BePure 2 owners, show us some pics.   Thanks in advance.

jsalk

Re: How many pairs of BePure 2s are out there?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2022, 07:03 pm »
Only two pairs have been released in the wild so far.  And those are pictured on our web site.

We received a couple of orders after Andrew Quint of The Abosolute Sound called the BePure 2's the "Best New Product" at the Capital Audiofest.  After receiving a "Best of Show" award at AXPONA, we recieved quite a few more orders.  So we currently have about 12 - 15 pairs in process right now and you should start seeing them in the wild soon.

- Jim

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2022, 07:30 pm »
That awesome news.  Congrats on the positive response to those shows.   I am looking forward to getting my pair.
« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2022, 01:25 am by TKonrad.NOLA »

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2022, 01:09 am »
Only two pairs have been released in the wild so far.  And those are pictured on our web site.

We received a couple of orders after Andrew Quint of The Abosolute Sound called the BePure 2's the "Best New Product" at the Capital Audiofest.  After receiving a "Best of Show" award at AXPONA, we recieved quite a few more orders.  So we currently have about 12 - 15 pairs in process right now and you should start seeing them in the wild soon.

- Jim
I missed the Axpona award--what was that?

GlennDog

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2022, 12:31 pm »
Is there a pair in-house to audition?

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2022, 01:51 pm »
Is there a pair in-house to audition?

Yes.

- Jim

DFpritchard

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2022, 11:31 pm »
Just ordered a pair of BePure2 to replace my Song3s.  Last upgrade.  As Janis put it, I wait for delivery each day until three....

kneat

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2022, 08:05 pm »
Jim, can you briefly describe the key sonic differences between the BePure2 and my SS8's. We just moved to a much smaller house and am wondering if I would regret downsizing to the BP2's. Thanks.

Terry

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2022, 07:08 pm »
Jim, can you briefly describe the key sonic differences between the BePure2 and my SS8's. We just moved to a much smaller house and am wondering if I would regret downsizing to the BP2's. Thanks.

Terry

Sorry for the delayed response.  We were "off the grid" in northern MN and just got back today.

The BePure 2's are quite a bit smaller in stature, but they play down to 32 Hz which is surprising for a speaker its size.  It is extremely smooth top to bottom, quite detailed in the mids, very transparent and detailed on the top end, and extremely low in distortion.   About the only area where the SS8's prevails is in terms of bass extension.  But at 32Hz, you have most of the frequency spectrum covered.  About the lowest note in most music is 29Hz.  So you wouldn't likely notice all that much difference in bass extension.  Other than that, the BePure 2's would be tops in just about every other respect.

I hope this helps.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2022, 02:44 pm by jsalk »

TomS

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2022, 09:40 pm »
Sorry for the delayed response.  We were "off the grid" in northern MN and just got back today.

The BePure 2's are quite a bit smaller in stature, but they play down to 32 Hz which is surprising for a speaker its size.  It is extremely smooth top to bottom, quite detailed in the mids. very transparent and detailed on the top end and extremely low in distortion.   About the only area where the SS8's prevails is in terms of bass extension.  But at 32Hz, you have most of the frequency spectrum covered.  About the lowest note in most music is 29Hz.  So you wouldn't likely notice all that much difference in bass extension.  Other than that, the BePure 2's would be tops in just about every other respect.

I hope this helps.

- Jim
Any plans to give a 3-way a go with the new Purifi 8"?

kneat

« Reply #10 on: 22 Jun 2022, 11:13 pm »
Thanks Jim - I was afraid you would say that. Need to give it a bit more thought and discuss with the boss :wink:

jsalk

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jun 2022, 02:48 pm »
Any plans to give a 3-way a go with the new Purifi 8"?

I have been in contact with Purifi and production will begin on the 8" woofer sometime in July.  We have already designed a test cabinet and will be building it shortly.  Will we introduce a 3-way model with the 8" driver?  It all depends on how it turns out.  But based on our experience with the 6.5" Purifi drivers, my guess is that it will turn out well.  If that is the case, we would probably offer this new design for sale in September or so.  The first show we would display them at would be the Capital Audiofest in November.

I should note that they will be somewhat expensive (relative to many of our previous 3-way models).

- Jim