Brand New Builder and First Post

Hurnackattack

Brand New Builder and First Post
« on: 26 May 2022, 07:54 pm »
HI. First time posting on any forum ever. Only took me 47 years to figure it out! I'm new to building speakers and thought it would be nice to pick the brains of the masses. I just ordered the GR Research L-XS speakers and decided to make my own boxes. Im starting with some 3/4" particle board I had from a cabinet that was ruined in a flood (recycling!) but i plan on getting 1" solid wood from a local mill to build something im going to love to look at as well as listen to. Ive included a shot of my rough cabinet panels (first draft) and some material I was thinking about using for stuffing the box. If its a mistake please feel free to reply. So hi everyone and am excited to start this journey.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Brand New Builder and First Post
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2022, 11:27 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
The internal stuffing has several functions, depending on the material used it modifies the sound, to increase the bass the best I have seen until today is the car hood brown blanket 15mm, to reduce vibrations black foam 30mm is good.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=100689.0

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2022, 02:46 am »
Welcome!

Hurnackattack

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2022, 02:24 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I'm very excited to start this new hobby.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2022, 03:31 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Hurnackattack   :thumb: