Hello from SWFL!

DR2

Hello from SWFL!
« on: 18 Apr 2022, 04:00 pm »
Hi Everyone!

I recently found this place over the weekend trying to help my Dad find some information on his VMPS 40s. Which I am now and my father very saddened to read about Brian Cheney.

I have temporarily acquired the VMPS' and Parasound equipment that powers them. I'll probably have them for a year or two until my Dad gets his sound room back together. They were in storage for awhile and he took them out around 2016 but never got them setup again. They were going to go back into storage since he is moving again and I offered to keep them out of storage and get them running.

Upon inspection after they arrived at my home I noticed one of the towers has a severed ribbon on the tweeter. I was able to find out how to contact John Casler and left a voicemail on his business line. He called me back on Easter Sunday!! It was a pleasure John and thank you so much for all the info if you see this! My Dad will be ordering the replacements!

My Dad has been into AV for quite some time along with his good friend/business partner which is where I get my enthusiasm from. Though I can not afford their tastes I have a modest 5.2.4 pioneer/klipsch setup.

Well, simply wanted to introduce myself. I am by far more of a lurker than a poster but figured why not.

Happy listening all!

Blackmore

Re: Hello from SWFL!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2022, 06:11 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2022, 06:42 pm »
Welcome to the circle. SWFL? Is that east of the panhandle?

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2022, 06:45 pm »
Welcome!

DR2

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2022, 08:31 pm »
Thanks all!

Welcome to the circle. SWFL? Is that east of the panhandle?

It is, but south. SWFL is generally considered from Bradenton (just south of Tampa/St. Pete) all the way down to Everglades City. So the entire south west coast.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2022, 12:47 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2022, 02:16 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC DR2   :thumb: