M6 sapphire impressions from a newbie.

Daryl Zero

Re: M6 sapphire impressions from a newbie.
« Reply #20 on: 9 Jan 2023, 04:50 am »
Wow. If I didn't need any more speakers (my mantra -- say it 5 times and breath slowly) I would be all over this.

franSSS

« Reply #21 on: 9 Jan 2023, 02:07 pm »
I had them in a 12 foot space. 3 feet from the front wall, and the seating all the way back. The side walls are less? important. It wasn't ideal, but it did work.

YOU... HAD THEM? It means you sold them?

RonN5

« Reply #22 on: 9 Jan 2023, 02:24 pm »
Respectfully disagree… the Sapphires can/will do justice to all genres of music.

DaveWin88

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jan 2023, 03:00 pm »
YOU... HAD THEM? It means you sold them?

My room is 12x15. I now have them on the short wall. I have them shooting down the 15 now.

Respectfully disagree… the Sapphires can/will do justice to all genres of music.
Genres aside. I listen to rock, jazz, mostly classical. I just meant if you just crank it and aren't so concerned about soundstage, imaging, and visceral bass, and could mostly care less. That's where I was coming from. 
« Last Edit: 9 Jan 2023, 04:40 pm by DaveWin88 »

dallaire1

« Reply #24 on: 9 Jan 2023, 05:49 pm »
This can't be overstated enough in high end audio. As a speaker manufacturer, what are they to aim at ??? A poured in place concrete envelope of a room? Glass curtain walls perhaps?? Steel, with a concrete floor? Or soft and overfilled room of shit ?? Hmmm 🤔. What part of the gear owners room do I design for??  The speaker's are fine, learn about audio on an in depth level and put the otherwise perfect speakers in place and fix your dreaded room anomalies!! They are there, and glaringly evident if you know what you are doing. Most people don't know crap about acoustics and the "HUGE" roll it has on your system overall performance.

Zurek

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2023, 10:10 pm »
If anybody looking to sell their M6’s please lmk

Mr. Big

« Reply #26 on: 24 Jan 2023, 12:35 am »
As far as the sound of the Sapphires M3 goes, I can tell you this they can have pounding bass, liquid midrange, open and open highs, or brighter, more aggressive, or darker, all with the same gear, how? just change a power cord on your amp or the front-end gear. I switched 4 power cords tonight for the fun of it and each cable made the speakers have a different character, no different than any other speakers I've owned in 40-plus years. Cables matter, your room matters on how any speakers sound. The most open and yet musical sound I get from my M3 is with the PS Audio Statements 2nd generation. 1st generation is excellent also but brighter. Nordost Valhalla, sound like Nordost quick, fast and lean because they work their way from the top down, they are voiced for the current trend of giving you all detail so you go wow! But you tire quickly because too much is out of balance. So if you hear my speakers with them your opinion might not be positive, but then if that is what you think is correct you love them. M3s only give you what your overall system sends to them, and room acoustics are included.

DaveWin88

« Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2023, 01:33 am »
As far as the sound of the Sapphires M3 goes, I can tell you this they can have pounding bass, liquid midrange, open and open highs, or brighter, more aggressive, or darker, all with the same gear, how? just change a power cord on your amp or the front-end gear. I switched 4 power cords tonight for the fun of it and each cable made the speakers have a different character, no different than any other speakers I've owned in 40-plus years. Cables matter, your room matters on how any speakers sound. The most open and yet musical sound I get from my M3 is with the PS Audio Statements 2nd generation. 1st generation is excellent also but brighter. Nordost Valhalla, sound like Nordost quick, fast and lean because they work their way from the top down, they are voiced for the current trend of giving you all detail so you go wow! But you tire quickly because too much is out of balance. So if you hear my speakers with them your opinion might not be positive, but then if that is what you think is correct you love them. M3s only give you what your overall system sends to them, and room acoustics are included.
Funny you just posted this. I just upgraded the power cord to my cd played and it made a noticeable difference in the bass. In fact I have my subs only on the 8th position out of 40 on the crossover. So not much contribution. Just the way it should be not to mess with the great bass of the Spatials.