UltraRendu not detected by Roon or JRiver

LarryD56

UltraRendu not detected by Roon or JRiver
« on: 22 Feb 2021, 01:13 am »
I just got a used UltraRendu and I'm trying to get it to work with my system. Just took out a MicroRendu which worked right from the start and put in the UR. I'm not able to get it to work after hours of searching for an answer. I went to the sonicorbiter.com site and saw that both Rendus were listed and the UR is running 2.8. I went through all the settings and everything seemed in order . The signal just does not seem to be getting from the UR to the DAC because the DAC is not receiving any signal. (I've changed the cables). I've restarted everything a couple times from the modem to the DAC. Anyone have any ideas to help me get it going? I'd appreciate any help.

Larry D.

newzooreview

Re: UltraRendu not detected by Roon or JRiver
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2021, 01:36 am »
Which DAC are you using? Probably not an issue, but the SonicOrbiter support forum does list some DAC compatibility issues. Seems unlikely if you had the Rendu up and running.

https://forums.sonicorbiter.com/forum/support-for-sonore-products/support

LarryD56

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2021, 01:45 am »
  I'm using a Cherry DAC DAC 2 (which worked flawlessly with the MicroRendu). From the looks of the DAC it is not receiving a signal from the Ultra. It shows a single LED when it is idling and it shows 2 to 4 LEDs when a signal reaches the DAC. It continuously shows one LED when the Ultra is in the system.

Larry

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2021, 03:18 am »
Are you using the new Roon 1.8 update? Many people who updated last week are having this problem. If you updated to 1.8 visit the Roon forums for advice. I've glanced at a couple threads there saying the developers are working on that and other issues.  Some have said restarting the Roon core (not just Roon Server) will give temporary relief as Roon will see the endpoints again after restarting.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw you're having the issue with JRiver also.

LarryD56

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2021, 04:33 am »
If you re-install Roon does it automatically install the 1.8 version? I have re-installed Roon on the UltraRendu. According to the DAC the signal is not making it there. I've tested both sets of ethernet and USB cables with the MicroRendu and they're both working fine. The previous owner did not use Roon, so I went into the settings on sonicorbiter.com and made sure all the Roon settings were activated. I'm not finding the problem. I'm hoping this is easily fixable.

Larry

LarryD56

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2021, 01:10 am »
I had my friend (who also has an UltraRendu) come over and figure out what the problem was. He had it figured out in a couple minutes. All is working well now.

Larry

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2021, 02:26 am »
Good deal. Can you describe the solution for others?

LarryD56

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2021, 02:56 am »
My problem was within Roon, not the Ultra. At the bottom of the Roon page you’re supposed to pick an audio device. I clicked on it and it gave me two choices. You could choose either ‘system output’ or the second one which had a blank box. I was supposed to type in UltraRendu in the box, but I didn’t know that. I was thrown off by the subtitle below the box which read ‘JRiver’ and some other wording. Once I typed in ‘UltraRendu’ the other misleading wording disappeared. Then the UltraRendu appeared in the selection, I selected it, and music has been playing since.