Linked Events

• Florida Audio Expo: 8 Feb 2019 - 10 Feb 2019

Florida Audio Expo

TomS

Re: Florida Audio Expo
« Reply #80 on: 23 Feb 2022, 01:14 am »
Is Soundfield a partner here? I only learned about their company today from a friend who lives in the Tampa area. His feeling is their room was quite good. Comments?
Hmm, no, he doesn't have a circle, just a frequent poster here, "friend of the show" as it were. He demo'd 2 fully active speakers, including his flagship, which sounded very good. They are very versatile, permitting use in just about any room configuration, totally adjustable through the XO on the fly (e.g. wide/narrow pattern).

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #81 on: 23 Feb 2022, 05:08 pm »
Hah, sorry Tom, I typo'd you as "Bob" S  :duh:
I am 1/4 partner of Flexpo, as well as a Suncoast Audiophile Society member. And those aren't my flagship, the much large 1812s are. Figured the 1212s at show were "big enough" for that room.
Yes, both speakers were fully active, user configurable (via remote) variable directivity, cardioid bass designs. Which meant zero percent of attendees had any idea what I was talking about.  :)
Thanks again for stopping by, always good to see you gents. Maybe next time crazy man Jerry has a meet at his new audio extravaganza warehouse, you and Jason can pop in again. Overall, we're pleased with what unfolded, given the circumstances. Attendance was solid. Good feedback from exhibitors too. Just wish it wasn't 85! AC got a workout.

cheers,

AJ

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #82 on: 23 Feb 2022, 07:15 pm »
AJ,

Is there any chance you'll present at the Pacific Audio Fest in Seattle at the end of July? I haven't heard your speakers since Axpona '14.

Regards,

The Mr. Esseguie  :wink:

tonyptony

« Reply #83 on: 24 Feb 2022, 08:13 pm »
Hah, sorry Tom, I typo'd you as "Bob" S  :duh:
I am 1/4 partner of Flexpo, as well as a Suncoast Audiophile Society member.

I thought it was abbreviated as FLAX? Pretty much every audio show has the Audio letter in the name, like NYAS, CAF, RMAF (RIP). Without the A it could be mistaken for the polymers conference, or the digital company, or the employee finding initiative for flexible work organizations.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #84 on: 24 Feb 2022, 09:00 pm »
AJ,

Is there any chance you'll present at the Pacific Audio Fest in Seattle at the end of July? I haven't heard your speakers since Axpona '14.

Regards,

The Mr. Esseguie  :wink:
That should be a great show, but unfortunately, being family caretaker I am currently travel restricted. Sorry. Maybe sometime down the road.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #85 on: 24 Feb 2022, 09:01 pm »
I thought it was abbreviated as FLAX? Pretty much every audio show has the Audio letter in the name, like NYAS, CAF, RMAF (RIP). Without the A it could be mistaken for the polymers conference, or the digital company, or the employee finding initiative for flexible work organizations.
Polymers or seeds? Hmmm...
Either way its still FL Audio Expo Tony.  :wink:

kmmd

« Reply #86 on: 24 Feb 2022, 10:09 pm »
Those are some nice components in that room.  It looks like a VAC Statement Phono pre under the turntable and a VAC Statement line stage below the reel-to-reel.  The 452iQ’s look and must sound fantastic too.

TomS

« Reply #87 on: 25 Feb 2022, 01:09 am »
Those are some nice components in that room.  It looks like a VAC Statement Phono pre under the turntable and a VAC Statement line stage below the reel-to-reel.  The 452iQ’s look and must sound fantastic too.
They were using the DS Audio Grand Master phono equalizer with their matching optical cartridge. The VAC phono and Grado cart were not playing well together. Half a mil+ in there.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #88 on: 25 Feb 2022, 12:39 pm »
Yes, both speakers were fully active, user configurable (via remote) variable directivity, cardioid bass designs. Which meant zero percent of attendees had any idea what I was talking about.  :)

My highlight of the show was sitting in your room while a very well known speaker "designer" is asking you how you integrate the woofers and didn't understand at all when you started explaining that you measure it using a microphone.  Absolutely, completely. 100% clueless.  It was EPIC!  TomS and I laughed about it for a while.   :lol:
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2022, 02:11 pm by jtwrace »

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #89 on: 4 Jan 2023, 10:34 pm »
2023 show is now weeks away, Feb 17-19th. https://floridaaudioexpo.com/exhibitors/
74 rooms last count. Hope to see the usual suspects.

cheers,

AJ

RonN5

« Reply #90 on: 4 Jan 2023, 10:40 pm »
AJ… what room will you be in and what are you bringing this year?

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #91 on: 5 Jan 2023, 06:13 pm »
AJ… what room will you be in and what are you bringing this year?
Room 1015 again (like last year). A new active mid size floorstander (somewhere between last years small/big models) with variable directivity/cardioid bass and a passive planar OB with active cardioid bass.
Neither on website, yet.
Going?

cheers,

AJ

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #92 on: 6 Feb 2023, 02:40 pm »
Correction, I'll be in Room 1215 this year. Hopefully everyone starts on 14th FL via elevator, then walks down stairs at end of each floor.
I will also have some passive speakers in the Orchard Audio room 506.
See ya all soon.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #93 on: 6 Feb 2023, 04:45 pm »
AJ,

I’d like to hear your newest speakers, but I’m just a wee bit too far away to make it. Any chance you’ll show at the PAF in SeaTac this summer?

Mr Esseguie

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #94 on: 6 Feb 2023, 11:58 pm »
AJ,
I’d like to hear your newest speakers, but I’m just a wee bit too far away to make it. Any chance you’ll show at the PAF in SeaTac this summer?
Mr Esseguie
Sorry, no PAF this year

Saturn94

« Reply #95 on: 7 Feb 2023, 02:08 am »
Correction, I'll be in Room 1215 this year. Hopefully everyone starts on 14th FL via elevator, then walks down stairs at end of each floor.
I will also have some passive speakers in the Orchard Audio room 506.
See ya all soon.

Best wishes for a successful show!  :thumb:

Kray

« Reply #96 on: 7 Feb 2023, 07:00 am »
I’ll be there this year. Saturday and hopefully Sunday too.  Up from Sarasota

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #97 on: 7 Feb 2023, 05:51 pm »
Best wishes for a successful show!  :thumb:
Thanks, forecast says 70's next weekend, fingers crossed!

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #98 on: 7 Feb 2023, 05:53 pm »
I’ll be there this year. Saturday and hopefully Sunday too.  Up from Sarasota
Cool, if you stop by make sure to say Kray from AC. I've met many a member over the years.

Kray

« Reply #99 on: 7 Feb 2023, 06:48 pm »
Cool, if you stop by make sure to say Kray from AC. I've met many a member over the years.

Will do!