« Reply #1121 on: 19 Apr 2022, 11:43 am »
ENJOY! -  Brandon

james

1oldguy

Re: Bryston announcing new SST3 amps
« Reply #1122 on: 19 Apr 2022, 11:53 am »
ENJOY! -  Brandon

james

Thank you James.......Can't wait till I REALLY get a chance to listen.But from my very brief time I had last night it was a revelation.
It really is a major step forward in the world  of amps. What struck me last night was a much higher level of nuance and sophistication in the details.
I can see myself getting engrossed   to Music through Bryston in a whole new way!!!!This is my forever amp!!!
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2022, 12:57 pm by 1oldguy »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1123 on: 19 Apr 2022, 12:37 pm »

Thank you James.......Can't wait till I REALLY get a change to listen.But from my very brief time I had last night it was a revelation.
It really is a major step forward in the world  of amps. What struck me last night was a much higher level of nuance and sophistication in the details.
I can see myself getting engrossed   to Music through Bryston in a whole new way!!!!This is my forever amp!!!

I agree - the ability of the amplifier to deep dive into the micro details is revolutionary :thumb:

james

1oldguy

« Reply #1124 on: 20 Apr 2022, 11:51 am »
So here's the story thus far in an audio room(Converted bedroom) far far away lol.    Had a friend over who also is in to the audio  world side of things. Never told him I had the amps on order.....it's been about 8 months that I never said a word about them being on order. So I told him that I did a tweak to the system and that he should have a listen. So as to get an honest opinion he blindfolded himself and sat down to have a listen....He said there was more detail, very clear, more of a 3d effect and that sound seem to come from no where, that the sound stage was very wide, and that it was the best he ever heard it at my place. The first thing that got his attention was that he heard details that he had never heard before.

Clearly a new standard with the cubed even from the Blind-Folded ;-)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1125 on: 20 Apr 2022, 03:53 pm »
Great feedback - thanks !

james

1oldguy

« Reply #1126 on: 23 Apr 2022, 01:54 pm »
Just telling it like it is ...fantastic Amps

By the way, in my picture i am the second from the left ;-)

AllanS

« Reply #1127 on: 23 Apr 2022, 03:13 pm »
Hey James.  This seems like an opportune time to jump in and ask for some help.
  I’m building a new 2ch system around a pair of 4 ohm / 90 dB Spatial M4 and have zeroed in / obsessed over several very different amps.  One of those is the 2.5B3 which has been more frustrating than the others in that there isn’t a lot of chatter or reviews of this model and nothing I’ve found relate to my wants including the B135 or any other cubed models.
  Maybe it’s enough to say my preferences are more tube like, at least as it relates to power requirements. I want all the imaging, 3D sound stage, space, detail, dynamics, low end grunt, etc but at life size SPL - my nirvana. Yeah, I’ll occasionally crank it up but my critical listening comfort zone doesn’t bother the neighbors or my wife or further damage these aging ears.
  I’d very much appreciate any comments you can offer but would also appreciate references to any material that will help me, and hopefully others, to understand Bryston philosophy and cubed.  I’ve stumbled on informative podcasts and YouTube videos in the past that I can’t find again.
Many thanks,
Allan

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1128 on: 23 Apr 2022, 04:26 pm »
Hi Allan

Bryston's philosophy is pretty simple - Linear or Accurate reproduction of the input signal based on the current start of the art.

So if a customer is looking for a specific sound or coloration we are the wrong choice.

If you want to know - good or bad - what the source component is doing we are the correct choice.

best
james

AllanS

« Reply #1129 on: 23 Apr 2022, 05:42 pm »
Thank you for your response James.  Coloration is undesirable.  Just the good, the bad, and the ugly.

AllanS

« Reply #1130 on: 24 Apr 2022, 07:48 pm »
RTFB.  The sticky “BRYSTON CUBED AMPLIFIER PHILOSOPHY” was right under my nose. Funny thing is I remember reading this  but not where I came across it the first time.