Custom Cables Available from Triode Wire Labs

SoCalWJS

Re: Custom Cables Available from Triode Wire Labs
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jul 2021, 05:57 pm »
Another custom cable, this time for a LG OLED CX48 flat screen TV... It's pretty amazing on how the picture improves so much with a better power cord on it!

Cheers,
Pete
Looks nice! Might have to look into something like that. I have the LG OLED CX77 - don’t know if it’d the same termination or not. Pretty sure it’s a 90 degree connection so that it can be flush mounted.

Triode Pete

« Reply #21 on: 7 Aug 2021, 12:32 am »
Looks nice! Might have to look into something like that. I have the LG OLED CX77 - don’t know if it’d the same termination or not. Pretty sure it’s a 90 degree connection so that it can be flush mounted.

Hey John,
Here's the initial feedback from my customer with the LG flatscreen TWL cord upgrade...

"Hi Pete,

Got the custom cable installed on the TV yesterday...  A bit of a tight squeeze -- the cord has to bend sharp right to avoid mounting point for access cover.  There's probably a little stress on the junction between the connector and cable -- but it felt solid.

Immediately noticed a vibrancy to the reds after turning the TV back on and cycling through different channels (almost fluorescent in the color pop).  Sound quality also seems improved -- bass better and sibilance diminished.

It looks like LG uses that same crappy cable all the way up the line.  I don't get why, with their economy of scale, they can't provide something better.

Thanks for the quick turnaround too!"

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #22 on: 16 Aug 2021, 05:53 pm »
This time a set of special speaker cable jumpers for a horn system in Singapore....

These have Premium Cardas CAB bananas leading to super high quality gold-plated over solid copper angled pin connectors. 100% made in USA components.

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #23 on: 26 Oct 2021, 05:08 pm »
Another set of custom cables, this time a pair of XLR Y-Adapters. Single female XLR to two male XLR connectors.

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #24 on: 27 Oct 2021, 08:47 pm »
Another custom cable! A Y-umbilical cable to run from a Jeff Rowland Design Group PC-1 to provide power to two Jeff Rowand Model 201 mono amps. The Jeff Rowland PC-1 is an advanced external power rectifier and conditioner based on the same Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) technology incorporated in JRDG reference amplifiers.

This Y-adapter cable features a high quality C14 IEC male connector to two high quality NEMA 5-20 female connectors.

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #25 on: 28 Oct 2021, 01:59 pm »
Another custom cord for a "Power Supply Umbilical Cable for Modwright Instruments" -  PH 9.0 Phono Stage

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #26 on: 16 Dec 2021, 09:38 pm »
This time a custom "Obsession Ag NCF" power cord, for a customer who wanted silver plating instead of rhodium plating. I used the custom-ordered Furutech FI-48 NCF Ag series of connectors!

Cheers,
Pete

rpf

« Reply #27 on: 17 Dec 2021, 02:04 am »
Beautiful!     :thumb:

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #28 on: 17 Dec 2021, 06:57 am »
This time a custom "Obsession Ag NCF" power cord, for a customer who wanted silver plating instead of rhodium plating. I used the custom-ordered Furutech FI-48 NCF Ag series of connectors!

Cheers,
Pete
Sweet!  Damn, you do great work!  :thumb:

Triode Pete

« Reply #29 on: 18 Dec 2021, 08:20 pm »
Sweet!  Damn, you do great work!  :thumb:

Thank you kindly!

Triode Pete

« Reply #30 on: 7 Jul 2022, 12:20 am »
This time for a repeat customer who just purchased a dCS stack and needed a very flexible XLR cable to bend quickly to a right angle.

I used the great sounding, premium Cardas CG FXLR and CG MXLR XLR connectors in this custom application.

Cheers,
Pete

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 7 Jul 2022, 04:51 am »
As always, nicely done!  :thumb:

richidoo

« Reply #32 on: 7 Jul 2022, 05:48 pm »
He’s gonna turn the stack around backwards to show off the pretty cabling! 🤩

Triode Pete

« Reply #33 on: 18 Jul 2022, 04:57 pm »
Here's some power cables that needed a right angle (90 degree) IEC connection... I have the Wattgate right angle connector bodies in-stock, available on all TWL power cable products!

Cheers,
Pete

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #34 on: 18 Jul 2022, 07:50 pm »
One cannot go wrong with TWL.

charles

Triode Pete

« Reply #35 on: 18 Nov 2022, 08:59 pm »
This time, for me, a little R&D, trying some different material specs...

Into my high power audiodharma Cable Cooker it goes!

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #36 on: 11 Jan 2023, 08:17 pm »
A trio of Digital American power cords fitted with NEMA 5-15R female connectors. These will be used to plug in audio-related "Wall Warts".

Cheers,
Pete

Big Red Machine

« Reply #37 on: 12 Jan 2023, 01:48 am »
What would you need to get for a 27 foot power cable to my amp? I'm shopping different cable makers.

Triode Pete

« Reply #38 on: 12 Jan 2023, 04:09 pm »
PM sent...

Triode Pete

« Reply #39 on: 13 Jan 2023, 11:15 pm »
This time a large set (7 pairs!) of custom speaker driver cables for a high-end horn system.

Two, 1m pairs  – Crossover to Woofers
Two, 2m pairs  – Crossover to Midrange Drivers
Two, 2m pairs  – Crossover to Tweeters
One, 1m pair  – Tweeter to Tweeter

Cheers,
Pete