Pictures of TOTAL LOW WATT SYSTEMS (pictures and brief sentence-no more)

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
I have a few fairly easy tweaks that impove the driver.

dave

charlieboy

I have a few fairly easy tweaks that impove the driver.

dave

Improvements are good.... Do tell.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
I’ll see if i can scare u a link… i have described the yrchniques in some detail over on diyAudio.

dave

bakufu

line magnetic AS123 tube buffer, 210IA 300B amplifier (8 w/ch), AS133 preamplifier, AS125 amplifier 18 w/ch).
line magnetic 502CA dac, benchmark media 3b dac.
omega super alnico high output xrs, deep hemp 10" subs.
cabling: benchmark media and spatial audio quantum field.
power: benchmark media, core power technologies deep=core 1800 and equi=core.
source: mac mini roon end-point

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
I’ll see if i can scare u a link… i have described the yrchniques in some detail over on diyAudio.

dave

Start here: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/365756-opinions-mods-ff85wk-post6480912.html

Everything that applies to the FF85 applies across the FFxx5wk series. I’ll answer questions here or there. Perhaps off topic for this thread.

dave

zmikem53

Daedalus Athena V2.  95.5db @ 8 ohms -1db 20-20K
first watt SIT3  18wpc

charlieboy

jmolsberg

421a, autoformers, omegas

guf

Wow i haven’t posted here since 2013
My Klipsch Belles

fortunato_thestudio

Wow i haven’t posted here since 2013
My Klipsch Belles

Love seeing those Western Edition decks!  :thumb:

vintage9594

I have just completed my SET system setup.  I am using Triode Labs Prelude and 2A3 mono’s both with FFX updates, my speakers are Klipsch Forte iV’s, Antipodes S30/S60 with Wavelength Dac.

Poultrygeist

plunderphonic

Was using a Berning 300B ZOTL (7 wpc, one-off prototype) for past few years, recently switched over to LTA Ultralinear.  A little overkill for Phys at 20wpc but such a perfect pairing.

rockadanny

Whammerdyne DGA-1 Stereo Amp with NOS Sylvania 2A3 power tubes, a NOS Amperex BB 6DJ8 input tube and the optional wider band output transformers.
4.3 watts of clear, musical bliss.

Poultrygeist

Lowther DX3 and Lii Audio F-15 in OB's with bass augmentation. Bi-amped with 2a3 SET mono's and class D
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2023, 11:22 am by Poultrygeist »

rodge827

Charney Audio Companions with Voxativ AF 2.6 drivers, ANK 300b SE Interstage Mono Blocks, ANK L4 Preamp, Mojo Audio Mystique XSE Dac, Sparkler Audio s503 as transport, Jena Labs cables and power conditioning.

charlieboy

Currently:
Decware Mini Torii with 5933/807w tubes
Schiit Freya+ with Tung Sol 6sn7 tubes
Schiit Loki Max
HiFi Rose RS150B Streamer/DAC
GPA 604-8H III Jon Anderson designed Stonehenge V cabinets
GPA matching crossovers
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 12" subs
Nordost Blue Heaven cables

Everything from 30hz to the supertweeters is fully on the fly adjustable from the listening position. Things just float around the room in a sometimes 360 degree audio presentation that disappears into a wall of sound that is deeper and wider by far than the actual dimensions of the room. It is the best audio I personally have heard. Organic, natural, unbloated, and just head bobbing/toe tapping audio joy.

Poultrygeist

Thanks to the AC thread of years ago I'm still enjoying the Miniwatt S-1. Stock except for the diode mod and 6AQ5 tubes its 2.5 watts sound wonderful driving the 98 db Zenith alnico open baffles. At my house amps and speakers come and go but these are the one constant.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Everything from 30hz to the supertweeters is fully on the fly adjustable from the listening position. Things just float around the room in a sometimes 360 degree audio presentation that disappears into a wall of sound that is deeper and wider by far than the actual dimensions of the room. It is the best audio I personally have heard. Organic, natural, unbloated, and just head bobbing/toe tapping audio joy.
I dont know the 807 was this good, do you would compare the EL34 x 807 in this amp?

Mijknarf

3.5 watts 2A3 Western Electric clone into Lowther PM5A with Tone Tubby Alnico Red with passive linestage