Calling all gurus of this fine art !!!!

2bigears

Re: Calling all gurus of this fine art !!!!
« Reply #100 on: 19 Jun 2014, 08:13 pm »
 :D  Rodger,, you have 9SE's for sale or you were stateing you have sold some past ?
           So if a guy sends his old 9 there, it's 15hun for you to modernize totally ,, even
              Like you say unnesecarily ??  :D  ( sonically not worth the $,but longevity wise,, well worth )

2bigears

« Reply #101 on: 20 Jun 2014, 02:50 am »
 :D.  Well good Lord I've done it now.... The 9 on the Gon is gone my way. I have ten toes and
             Fingers crossed its a good one. Anyone know a guy named Paul Hensel ? I'm very excited .
               A lot of press on this amp.. All good too ! Talked to Roger today and was going to buy a 200
                  from him but the offer I put in on the 9 was accepted. Yikes ..    We will talk again Roger.
                     About this amp and just what to do ? The 200 is 3* the cost so I saved some $ and still get to
                          sample you workings.  :D   Can't wait ,, I really can't ..  :D    Happy  Monkey here !

Captainhemo

« Reply #102 on: 20 Jun 2014, 03:01 am »
Congrats !!  Hope you really enjoy it, anxous to hear what you think.
You are having it shipped up here to Canada  I'm asuming ?   You don't figure it is worth having the guy ship  it direct to Roger for a check up and tune up ?   Would sure save you  some serious shipping ocsts and cross border hassles if  you end up  deciding to ship  back to Roger later

-jay

2bigears

« Reply #103 on: 20 Jun 2014, 03:09 am »
 :D.  I will see what Roger thinks. The owner says he had Bill Thalman from CJ check it out .
            Clean bill.  And he said this was a low hour second system amp.  Hummmm ?  :D

KLH007

« Reply #104 on: 20 Jun 2014, 05:11 pm »
Bill T is Top Shelf, great designer of valves, upgrades, as well as troubleshooting and repairs.

2bigears

« Reply #105 on: 20 Jun 2014, 06:43 pm »
 :D.  Thanks 007 , so he is of this world. Thanks very much. He wouldn't know the amp like Roger of
            course,, but good to know.   :D   Can't wait to hear the sound of those sweet-sweet valves
                playing in perfect harmony.    As much as I would like to get this to Canada ASAP,,,, I really should send it in on a Pit Stop.  Let the Maker eye-ball it and stamp it green. Dam,,   8)

KLH007

« Reply #106 on: 20 Jun 2014, 06:58 pm »
The RM 9 I owned sounded great with the Infinity RS 1s driving the Emit/Emims, along with a c-j Premier 3 and SOTA Star/SME V/Koetsu Rosewood, I wish I had that system back! You should have a big grin after plugging the amp in your system.

mick wolfe

« Reply #107 on: 20 Jun 2014, 07:04 pm »
Bill T is Top Shelf, great designer of valves, upgrades, as well as troubleshooting and repairs.

+1 for Bill Thalman. Have always had a good experience dealing with Bill.

2bigears

« Reply #108 on: 20 Jun 2014, 07:05 pm »
 :D. Thanks and good to know 007 . I really can't wait.  This is vintage gear. Like a vintage sports car. You can look and you can hear..  Hear the difference.  :D