Analog Warranty, why does it differ between speakers and BITs?

Rod_S

As the titles suggests I'm curious about why the 20 year warranty on analog components does not cover everything, particularly the BIT's when the speakers do have the 20 years. I know Bryston does not build the speakers, Axiom does and Axiom only has a 5 year warranty. It's a similar thing with the BITs in that Torus builds them and the Torus warranty is also 5 years. I'm curious why with the speakers Bryston can warranty them for an additional 15 years but not do this for the BIT's?

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
As the titles suggests I'm curious about why the 20 year warranty on analog components does not cover everything, particularly the BIT's when the speakers do have the 20 years. I know Bryston does not build the speakers, Axiom does and Axiom only has a 5 year warranty. It's a similar thing with the BITs in that Torus builds them and the Torus warranty is also 5 years. I'm curious why with the speakers Bryston can warranty them for an additional 15 years but not do this for the BIT's?

Thanks

Hi

The speakers are built to our spec so we have confidence in their longevity.  The BITS are identical to the Torus products and they determine the warranty.

james

Rod_S

Thanks James

For the BITs then, wouldn't it perhaps make sense for you to source the Plitron toroidal transforms directly and build these power type products yourselves? That way you have control over everything.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Thanks James

For the BITs then, wouldn't it perhaps make sense for you to source the Plitron toroidal transforms directly and build these power type products yourselves? That way you have control over everything.

Possibly but then costs go up and I have had my BIT (Torus) for 12 years and absolutely no issues.

james

drummermitchell

Have had my two Torus since 2008 :thumb,and they still haven't over stayed their welcome.

Rod_S

Seems like the warranty (Torus) should be a lot longer then or you could do a similar thing as with the speakers, confidence of the Torus build quality allows Bryston to add the additional years with little risk.

I've had my Furman IT-Reference since the fall of 2003 and it's still going strong. I've only had to replace an LED and when it was in for that change the repair guy did a test of the caps and noticed one was bad. He replaced it.