SOLD: Innersound Kaya Reference electrostats $6600 - *REDUCED* retail is $21300

tdangelo

***BLOW OUT PRICING*** **No trades***

unbelievable imaging and transparency - better than anything I've heard. Since the Kaya's are pointed directly at the listening seat you remove a great majority of room related acoustic problems - much better than a normal box speaker. Cherry wood finish with aluminum trim - these look much better IMHO than the older Eros etc... The panels are transparent so the speakers look less obtrusive visually. Excellent bass is provided by their 10" transmission line woofer coupled with the Innersound crossover/amp with 600 wpc. The really cool thing about the crossover/amp is that it can be used as a preamp if you only have one source like a CD player.  You get remote controlled volume, bass and midrange adjustment. Very cool! I am the second owner - pet/smoke/child free area. The Kaya's are just about perfect except for a small scratch on the side of one but it's hardly noticable unless you look for it from 1 foot away. Very nice condition!! These come with the upgraded bases and adjustable cones ($1299)- the bases have a couple minor scratches - again not really noticable unless your 1' or less away.  Innersound closed their doors earlier this year but Roger Sanders is able to handle any problems with the speakers should such a need arise. The panels are bulletproof and have never failed according to Roger - all in all a very easy speaker to service if needed because of the removable panels. Included is the Innersound xover/amp, remote, original manual and power cables. I have the original boxes but would REALLY prefer local pickup - shipping would have to be by freight - the 4 boxes weights about 375lbs or so.  If your local to Jacksonville, FL you can stop by for a listen - I live just south in St. Augustine and about 3 miles off of I95.  Paypal prefered(split fee) or MO/Bank Check sent overnight. Email me for more pics..

specs: 22hz-28khz, 98 db sensitivity - arc proof and immune to moisture & dust

« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2008, 11:37 pm by tdangelo »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: FS: Innersound Kaya Reference electrostats $9600
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2008, 07:17 pm »
Why are you selling?

tdangelo

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2008, 08:29 pm »
Why are you selling?

the plan is to try a much smaller room.  I'm sick of the noise from the refrigerator and the outside AC unit(right behind the left speaker), cooking etc....  The smaller room will not support these speakers - just way to small.  Might get some small Usher monitors or something...

tdangelo

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2008, 08:44 pm »
updated with better pics.

tdangelo

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2008, 04:11 am »
bump  :D

tdangelo

reduced to $8900 - thats almost 60% off retail ;-)

mr_bill

I have heard these speakers and they are easily in my top five auditions ever.  The Kaya's do some pretty amazing things.

Scott F.

specs: 22hz-28khz, 98 db sensitivity - arc proof and immune to moisture & dust

I gotta jump in here and mention that the Innersound panels work marvelously with SET amps. One of the local guys (Blackmore) has an older pair of Eros that he drives the panels with his Yamamoto 300b (or a Cary 2a3/45). In a setup like this, the Innersounds are magical. I can only imagine how much better Tony's Kayas sound.

Good luck on the sale. The Kayas are going to make somebody really happy  :thumb:

tdangelo

thanks for the comments ;)  I waited several months to find this almost mint pair and I'm torn at the prospect of selling them.  They really are magical.

I'm rethinking the small room scenario.  At our old house I used a 14x12 room and although it sounded good and was isolated from external noise,  I did have bass problems etc..  So I decided that I'm gonna put the fridge on an easily adjusted timer - I remember seeing some timers that were networkable with remote access.  I've turned the fridge off in the past and forgot to turn it back on.... Wife didn't like that at all  :duh: :duh: :duh:

The Kaya's do require a dedicated listener meaning you need to be in the sweet spot which is about 1.5' wide.  I like to have friends over to listen and I always offer them the sweet spot.  That means I get reduced highs/mids for hours when I'm sitting beside them, hehehe... I sold the Vandy 5A's to get these because I love the electrostat sound but I feel the Vandy's bass was a bit more concussive and I do miss that...  My room is kinda big because the back is open to the rest of the house - I'd like more woofage ;) Another thing is that my wife likes to have friends over to jam and dance - the Kaya's aren't the best for that - they will get plenty loud and never distort but like I said earlier they really need a dedicated listener.  So, I'm gonna move on for now and pick something else with wider dispersion etc..  I wish I had the $$ to be able to afford 2 systems  :cry:

Tony 
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2008, 01:17 pm by tdangelo »

Se7en

Beautiful speakers and good luck with the sale. Have you thought about a silent running fridge?

http://www.thermador.com/kitchen-appliances-refrigerator-freezer_refrigerators.html

tdangelo

Beautiful speakers and good luck with the sale. Have you thought about a silent running fridge?

http://www.thermador.com/kitchen-appliances-refrigerator-freezer_refrigerators.html

WOW!  Those are really expensive!

miklorsmith

Good luck with the sale Tony, those look incredible.   :thumb:

WerTicus

frost free fridges never turn off... just get a normal fridge and it will hardly be on.

tdangelo

tdangelo

offers?  I can deliver within 150 miles if needed  :D

tdangelo

reduced again - Audiogon Bluebook lists these at $15K used.

Frank S.

These are really, really great speakers at a pretty incredible price.  I had the pleasure of listening to a pair of these a couple of weeks ago at a friend's house and was mightily impressed.

tdangelo

These are really, really great speakers at a pretty incredible price.  I had the pleasure of listening to a pair of these a couple of weeks ago at a friend's house and was mightily impressed.

thanks for posting Frank ;)

tdangelo