Grant Fidelity RMAF 2009 show pictures

iGrant

santacore

Re: Grant Fidelity RMAF 2009 show pictures
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2009, 06:36 pm »
I would love to hear feedback on this room. I recently picked up their A-534B amp and have really been enjoying it. Comments on the speakers would be very appreciated.

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2009, 05:09 am »
Please see my comments here. As I said the grant room was stuffed the brim with beautiful equipment! Plus I got some great hi-rez pictures.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=72327.msg677539#msg677539

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2009, 09:55 am »
Spent some time with Rachael and Ian. Always a pleasure to talk to both of them.  Listened to the GF-H2 / Shengya V-218 two-way 'Wood Horn Loaded Tweeter" with the Grant Fidelity A-534B SET 300B and the  Reference Tube CD-1000 Player. The cdp is a consummate piece of audio eye candy. Ive heard the a-534b amp twice know and have been impressed both times. Wish i had more time in the room because it has one of the best Head phone sections i have ever heard.  :thumb:

I listened to to my 2 favorite test tracks in the room, and i liked what i was hearing. Very musical room.

Dayna Kurtz - I got it bad and that's not good
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand

After 3 days of listen and looking at audio equipment at RMAF and believe me there were several rooms where i left scratching my head wondering if they just make these prices up out of thin air  Ian & Rachel may just deserve the Award for Most Honestly Priced Most bang for the buck system

ED

santacore

« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2009, 03:57 pm »
ecramer, thanks for the input. Pez big thanks for the incredible pictures and helpful commentary.

I've had the A-534B with upgraded tubes in the house for almost a month and I have to say it continues to impress. In the last few days I swapped out my Omega's and put in Merlin TSM-MXe's that have been sitting in my office. I didn't think they would play with this 9 watt wonder, but they did, and now I'm rethinking my whole setup. Fun stuff!! That's part of the reason I was hoping to get some input on which speakers you heard playing with the amp.

You're right about the headphone output. It's sounds dynamite and has been keeping me up at night with my Sennheiser HD800's.  :thumb:

ltr317

« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2009, 04:03 pm »
I was with Ed and Robert (packfill) at the Grant Fidelity room and agree with his assessment.  The horn monitors sounded tonally balance and musical.  The larger speakers were connected when we walked into the room and didn't sound as good.  I felt they needed some more positioning in order to get better sound.  When Ian switched to the horn monitors, the sound transformed.  Grant Fidelity products are some of the best valued in the industry.  A big kudos to Rachel and Ian.