BDP-1 Initialization process goes on and on and for like 5 minutes

Robert D

Initialization process goes on and on and for like 5 minutes
Once it stops I get Error 09 ..207 Booooooo  :cry:
I tried to do a hard restart by unplugging the Ac cord...
Same Problem goes on and on trying to initialize .. same error 09 208  :cry:
And once again a different Error 05 220  :cry:

Hope Chris Rice is around this week at Bryston  :D

Regards Robert

budcook

Initialization process goes on and on and for like 5 minutes
Once it stops I get Error 09 ..207 Booooooo  :cry:
I tried to do a hard restart by unplugging the Ac cord...
Same Problem goes on and on trying to initialize .. same error 09 208  :cry:
And once again a different Error 05 220  :cry:

Hope Chris Rice is around this week at Bryston  :D

Regards Robert
I used to have a similar problem when I tried to load a 1TB USB drive on my BDP-1.  I bought a 500GB drive and that worked.  After I replaced the BDP-1 with the BDP-2, I have no problem with that 1TB drive.

Can you initialize w/o any USB drives plugged in?  Do you hear one beep when you have a drive plugged in or multiple beeps? 

Bud

Robert D

No sir no beeps , my bdp-1 was working perfectly
I have a 1 tb drive
It seems the software from the bdp-1 is tring to get going but no show it could as well be it's power supply,,,,

Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
•   Error 09: System Board not responding.

james

Robert D

Thank you James
Is Chris in this week

Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Thank you James
Is Chris in this week

Robert

Yes- was everything working and then issues or did you add something different?

james

Robert D

Yes James My Bdp-1 was working perfectly  :thumb:
All of a sudden Boom No Go.  :(
I have made no Changes

Robert

Mag

I get a similar response occasionally without the error code. I have to restart my computer with the password bryston. Then using virtual display mode of bdp, I scroll down to settings and reset everything to factory defaults.

Then it works no problem for a few days. I don't shut my bdp-1 off, but it locks up occasionally, something to do with the network.

ttsto

you can reset setting from front panel of BDP also: right, down until shows "settings", right, down until "reset global variables", right, wait for restart
also you can do a file system check in the same manner

Robert D

As James had said

•   Error 09: System Board not responding.

james

Spoke with Chris at Bryston, Tb Drive & Thumb Drive no Power  no Lights on.
Chris asked me to check the back of BDP-1 ... The GREEN LIGHT OF THE RG45.... He ASKED IF IT WAS ON
Once again I said no ...

So the BDP-1 is back at Bryston for a Tune Up  :thumb:

James was and is 100% correct  :thumb:

Regards Robert

cprem

Hi Guys,
I had the same problem with BDP-1 all of sudden one day I power up my unit wait almost and got error message on my display. I opened up cover on my BDP-1 first I re-seated the CF card powered up and no go, then I re-seated the flat grey 10 pin ribbon cable and once again powered up still showing error 9. I noticed the that grey 10 pin USB cable which connect to the two front USB ports was not seated right on the motherboard I re-seated the plug and bingo BDP-1 booted up fine and no error 9. Subsequent power ups the BDP-1 again came up with error 9. I disconnected the USB cable on the motherboard side and problem solved no more error 9 on subsequent power cycles.
I have emailed Chris to send me a replacement USB bus cable.

Chetan

zoom25

Replacing the CR2032 cell battery fixed this very issue on my BDP-1.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
JT,

Is it safe to operate the BDP-1 with the top off? Would make it easier to spot/fix a loose connection.

Some people run preamps with top off. Claims to improve the SQ.

Krutsch

Another issue that will cause this behavior: having a USB drive/flash stick plugged-in with an EFI partition.

I had mistakenly formatted one of my flash drives for FAT32 w/ GUID Partition Map; Apple will create a small hidden EFI partition in this case and the BDP will attempt to boot from this partition on power up.

Re-formatting that flash drive using Master Boot Record (MBR) eliminated the extra partition and the Error 9 symptom (for me, anyway).

This can be an issue with USB hard drives, as well as flash drives. And, there is a somewhat random "timing" issue on boot-up such that this did not occur every time in my case.

zoom25

The past year I did have some trouble with Error 9 and initialization after power errors (03 or 05). Sometimes, the unit wouldn't boot with the USB  drives plugged in, but as soon as they were unplugged, it all started working fine after a few retries. This year it got to the point where multiple reboots after minutes and hours and days, with or without USB drives plugged in or ethernet cables plugged in or rebooting my DACs made zero difference. Error 09 each time. I got a Torx T8 and replaced the CR2032 battery which seems to have fixed the problem.

A note to those changing the cell battery. Pay attention to the +/- sides of both the battery cell along with how the +/- flapper pins are located on the holster where the battery is inserted. One pair of pin makes contact with the bottom side, while the other set of pin makes contact from the top.

zoom25

JT,

Is it safe to operate the BDP-1 with the top off? Would make it easier to spot/fix a loose connection.

Some people run preamps with top off. Claims to improve the SQ.

Not if you stack things on top.  :green:

Why? Resonance? On the other hand, you get protection from dust and aluminum shielding.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Not if you stack things on top.  :green:

Why? Resonance? On the other hand, you get protection from dust and aluminum shielding.

Obviously, no stack.  :lol:

Easier to troubleshoot if something fails (as shown in earlier posts here). Loose cable, etc.