Your latest HiRez file grab!!!!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Your latest HiRez file grab!!!!!!
« on: 20 Oct 2011, 04:15 pm »
Everybody has vinyl catch of the day, or what Opera have you fallen asleep to lately!! (I jest). So I'm starting "Your latest HiRez file grab!!!"
 I scored the file I thought of when I first heard HiRez stuff... Pink Floyd- "The Dark Side of the Moon", its fantastic!!! Clean and sweet with so much more info to it....the first Floyd note in the beginning 2 minutes blew me away!!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

So whats your latest HiRez Grab!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Your latest HiRez file grab!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2011, 04:51 pm »
Ed,
Good thread.  Mine is the latest from Wilco, the 24/96 version of their great "The Whole Love" album.  I was also gifted a couple of nice SACD's from someone at RMAF who  thanked me for helping him through the maze that is PS3 ripping.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2011, 05:17 pm »
The new release of Nojima Plays Liszt on Reference Recordings HRx disc.  Got it at RMAF!

This is from an older analog tape, but it sounds better to me than the original CD version.  :D

TrungT

« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2011, 05:21 pm »
http://bluecoastrecords.com/
Awesome recording.
Blue Coast Collection Album  :thumb:

arthurs

« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2011, 05:38 pm »
Everybody has vinyl catch of the day, or what Opera have you fallen asleep to lately!! (I jest). So I'm starting "Your latest HiRez file grab!!!"
 I scored the file I thought of when I first heard HiRez stuff... Pink Floyd- "The Dark Side of the Moon", its fantastic!!! Clean and sweet with so much more info to it....the first Floyd note in the beginning 2 minutes blew me away!!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

So whats your latest HiRez Grab!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Are the Floyd Hi Res remasters available for download anywhere?

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2011, 05:44 pm »
Are the Floyd Hi Res remasters available for download anywhere?

Not officially yet, they are just part of the massive Immersion box set. 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2011, 05:52 pm »
wow...this was a good idea...hey Ted I tried listening to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot??? thats Wilco right?? man I just couldn't figure them out....

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2011, 05:55 pm »
wow...this was a good idea...hey Ted I tried listening to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot??? thats Wilco right?? man I just couldn't figure them out....

In Yoda voice "oh...you will...you will!"   :)

Pez

« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2011, 07:09 pm »
Uhh... The talking heads.  :lol: :thumb:

Mike Nomad

« Reply #9 on: 20 Oct 2011, 09:08 pm »
Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! [24/176 HDtracks download]

Mike Nomad

« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2011, 03:48 am »
Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! [24/176 HDtracks download]

Well, that's not right. I forgot about the free upgrade HDtracks gave me for the SRV/Albert King record.

GarfL

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2011, 03:52 am »
Ed,
Good thread.  Mine is the latest from Wilco, the 24/96 version of their great "The Whole Love" album.  I was also gifted a couple of nice SACD's from someone at RMAF who  thanked me for helping him through the maze that is PS3 ripping.

How is the 24/95 version of this?  Is it compressed? I just bought the CD when I saw it in Starbucks, then came home that day and saw it available on HD Tracks.

GarfL

« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2011, 03:55 am »
HD Tracks Talking Heads True Stories and O Brother Where Art Thou were my last purchases. They may be my last from HD Tracks also, True Stories is compressed and loud and looks, well, not hi res.

O Brother is another matter, it is a fine recording.

Pez

« Reply #13 on: 3 Nov 2011, 02:19 pm »
Bob marley Young Mystic the rip from Audio Fidelity remaster SACD. Ripped via PS3. I've always loved this album, but haven't been able to enjoy the hi rez version of it since I got a squeezebox. Now listening to it in 24/176  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2011, 07:30 pm by Pez »

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #14 on: 3 Nov 2011, 07:26 pm »

Lawson Rollins - Elevation; Linn Records download (24/88.2)

Featuring Shahin Shahida, Buckethead, Raju Maharjan, Kirin Nepali, and Ruben Shrestha, violinist Charlie Bisharat, and percussionist Dave Bryant.

World mix of Middle Eastern, Spanish, and Indian.

Outstanding sonics!

talla242

« Reply #15 on: 7 Nov 2011, 01:48 pm »
I grabbed Thomas Dolby's new album from Society of Sound 24/48,sounds nice and warm,as in the other topic not sure if this qualifies as hi-rez

rofo

Kate Bush
« Reply #16 on: 26 Nov 2011, 01:39 am »
50 words for snow.

Music is interesting grab it if yo like her stuff, but she is always changing. Sounds good I guess, the vocals and piano are nicely recorded, it is hard to screw up the electronica as it virtually get plugged straight into the recording computer.

I am going to take back what I said. I listened to something else and then came back to this and was disappointed (not in the music). For someone who spends their time in the studio, doesn't tour this should be better. Unless this is the sound they where after.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2011, 01:58 pm by rofo »

vhiner

« Reply #17 on: 26 Nov 2011, 02:16 am »
Charlie Brown Christmas at 24/176 from HDTracks. Solid remaster and better than the Redbook.   Plan on getting the new Wilco. Anyone hear the new 24/88 of the Stones' Some Girls? How is it?

Great thread idea, btw!

firedog

« Reply #18 on: 26 Nov 2011, 12:45 pm »
Keith Jarrett

Paris/London - Testament

2 "disc" set