Introducing myself

audiojanitor

Introducing myself
« on: 3 Feb 2024, 07:47 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am Audiojanitor, I joined to learn about anything audio. My main interests are speakers, small room acoustics, microphones.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers,

Randy

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2024, 01:26 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2024, 02:41 am »
Welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2024, 01:26 pm »
Welcome!

Have you looked into active monitors (like the studio professionals use)?  Much more accurate, much deeper bass, and cheaper when the cost of a good power amp is considered.  Modern consumer models have added features too, like room EQ, built-in DAC's, wireless connection to preamp, and "Master Tunings" (check out Buchardt).

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2024, 11:30 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Randy   :thumb:

djco

« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2024, 07:34 pm »
Hello and welcome and yes in my opinion the acoustics of a room are very important and the electricity wall socket etc.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2024, 01:31 pm »
Check out Floyd Toole's "Sound Reproduction" (either edition) to learn how small rooms affect sound.  My listening studio follows Cardas Golden Cuboid formula.  The walls/ceiling are well insulated with exterior fiberglass door (with weather seals) and fiberglass insulated/lined ductwork (can't hear the furnace).  Have added absorption panels which don't help much here but make an immediate improvement in other rooms.

Electrical power is time/location dependent.  Location means quality of feed and number of dirty users sharing the circuit.  Lived in a 50 year old house with a wiring system that was a rats nest.  A friend came over with a nice power conditioner, made very little difference.  Now live in a house with ideal electrical setup (country setting, our own transformer, 20 amp/12 gauge wiring throughout, dedicated circuits to each of three cryo'd hospital grade duplex receptacles connected on a combined separate ground from the rest of the house) - no problems.

Old Grouch

• In life, the little things matter the most
« Reply #7 on: 9 Feb 2024, 04:27 pm »
Hi everyone,

My name is Bob Gosselin.  My wife & I are both retired and are now living in a small town in Nova Scotia, Canada.

I’m an headphone audiophile.  My setup : Bryston BCD-1 > BHA-1 > BDA-2 > Schiit Lokius.  Headphones : Grados, GH1, GH2 & GH4; Sennheiser : HD600, HD650 & HD800; Neumann NHD30; AKG K701/ Austria.  Musical genres : Beatles, some classic rock, blues, jazz/ blues fusion.

This site is quite informative and I’m looking forward to discovering all it can offer.

Thanks.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2024, 12:27 am »
Hi Bob,
Iam just retired also, check our Veteran Area:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=187743.0