My quick review of the HT3's

Marbles

« on: 24 Aug 2005, 01:23 am »
I like 'em. :wink:

There are no weakness's that I notice.

For others, 85DB 1W/1M might be a problem, but not for me.

Bingenito

« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2005, 01:41 am »
I like 'em.  

Come on man you can do better than that  :sleep: The minimum one paragraph rule applies here.  :rules:

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2005, 01:44 am »
I can't stay away from them long enough to write a paragraph.

Is there anything specifically you want to know?

I did say it was a quick review....

What's anti-buyers remorse????  I like these speakers  :lol:

Really, nothing sticks out with these speakers...everything is very balanced and just sounds "right".

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2005, 01:56 am »
You could add..."they look good.... real good"..... :hyper:

Marbles

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:01 am »
Oh, and they look good.... real good...DAMN fine in fact   :rock:

Bingenito

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:14 am »
I can't stay away from them long enough to write a paragraph.

Is there anything specifically you want to know?

I know that you are just kidding about your Quick Review  :D  You are a man of many words.

I am not looking for anything specific but it might be helpful to others that are considering these speakers if you could provide some more detail.

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:21 am »
Actually, I would love to gush all over these speakers (it actually adds to their shine  :wink:  ) and I could go over song by song how they played everything..the highs sounded like angles orgasming, the lows sounded like a bull getting a blow job...but that would bore everyone.

What I can say is that these guys are the most right speakers I have heard.

Nothing sticks out except it is all exceptionally great.

I have had some wonderful speakers in the past.  These do "it" for me better than all the rest did.

All of the others had some very redeeming qualities, but all had some weakness that I wanted to try to improve.  After a month I still haven't found any weakness's in these.

Bingenito

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:26 am »
angles orgasming, the lows sounded like a bull getting a blow job...but that would bore everyone.

Not exactly a Zybar review but funny as hell. Nice job! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BTW exactly how close do you have to be to the Bull scenario to have that sound like deep bass? :P

DSK

Re: My quick review of the HT3's
« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:26 am »
Quote from: Marbles

Hi Marbles, sounds like you've found your nirvana ....for the time being. Congrats!

I look forward to your review once you are able to drag yourself away from your system for long enough :lol:

Meanwhile, one question .... I've read several comments around the place that the SEAS mags (and rigid drivers in general) can sound very detailed but can also tend to lack a little 'flesh on the bones' or 'body'. I realise that this may be an artifact of XO design as much as the drivers themselves, but was just wondering how you feel the HT3 performs in this aspect?

Marbles

« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:32 am »
Quote from: DSK

Meanwhile, one question .... I've read several comments around the place that the SEAS mags (and rigid drivers in general) can sound very detailed but can also tend to lack a little 'flesh on the bones' or 'body'. I realise that this may be an artifact of XO design as much as the drivers themselves, but was just wondering how you feel the HT3 performs in this aspect?

Well you have to understand that my previous REF speakers were the VMPS RM40's that did suffer from the lack of flesh problem.  So to me these sound meaty enough.

You should also know that on a daily basis in my office I listen to nOrh marble 9.0's that have the Scan-Speak 5.5" Revelator woofer that is a bit on the warm side.  

I find the HT3's to sound just right in the meat department given those two points of reference.

ekovalsky

« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:43 am »

Well done Marbles.  The lack of audiophile hyperbole and obvious bullshit is most refreshing in a review  :)

I wonder how the HT3 will compare with the ultra secret beta "BIGGEST development EVER!!! VMPS SR-71d BCSE RM40  :lol:

Marbles

« Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:45 am »
Quote from: Bingenito

BTW exactly how close do you have to be to the Bull scenario to have that sound like deep bass? :P

Well if my trip to Mexico is any indication...I'd say about 8 feet  :lol:

Marbles

« Reply #12 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:51 am »
Quote from: ekovalsky

Well done Marbles.  The lack of audiophile hyperbole and obvious bullshit is most refreshing in a review  :)

I wonder how the HT3 will compare with the ultra secret beta "BIGGEST development EVER!!! VMPS SR-71d BCSE RM40  :lol:

Thanks Eric.

Since I still have my RM40's, I'll withhold judgement on the VMPS until I gather more information...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #13 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:53 am »
Marbles...Went back to reread the HT3 Mini Rave at Zybar's thread (to see what I had said). Got a few other words for you....likelike, smooth, detailed, dynamic, fast, full sound, good bass. Thats what I heard...I'm sure your hearing the same. They really are an all around good speaker..... 8)
    And your happy....then their perfect. :wink: [/list:u]

pugs

« Reply #14 on: 24 Aug 2005, 03:41 am »
Marbles,

How's the HTC treating you?

Marbles

« Reply #15 on: 24 Aug 2005, 03:44 am »
Quote from: pugs
Marbles,

How's the HTC treating you?

Listening to it now with the Allman Brothers DVD.

It's very nice as well.  To say I'm satisfied with it is an understatement.

Coming after the RM30 C (horizontal) that should speak volumes.

I have to say that Jim builds a GREAT cabinet, and that he did a masterful job at picking the drivers in the HT1's, the HT3's and the HTC.

He did the best picking though (IMO) when he picked Dennis Murphy to design the XO's in his speakers.

After that it's just a matter of picking the upgrades you're comfortable with.

I have to say that the speakers I listen to most on a daily basis (at the office or at home) now ALL have Dennis Murphy designed XO's and I couldn't be happier.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #16 on: 24 Aug 2005, 05:49 am »
Quote from: Bingenito
angles orgasming, the lows sounded like a bull getting a blow job...but that would bore everyone.

Not exactly a Zybar review but funny as hell. Nice job! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thanks for the plug Bryan.   :beer:

Having lived with the HT3's for almost half a year, I fully understand why Rob can't take the time to write a more in-depth review.

You just want to enjoy the music.

George

ctviggen

« Reply #17 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:28 pm »
Why is there such negativity toward VMPS?  You all enjoyed your VMPS speakers while you had them.  Even if Salk produces a better speaker (which I assume is true), there's no reason to diss VMPS.

rosconey

« Reply #18 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:33 pm »
just wait till ces and the new super audio thingy that vmps will display-then you will regret not keeping your vmps stuff :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

salk speakers are artwork thats fer sure -

its also nice to find a speaker you dont want to upgrade from-you might have found the one for you marbles-

CornellAlum

« Reply #19 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:55 pm »
Quote from: ctviggen
Why is there such negativity toward VMPS?  You all enjoyed your VMPS speakers while you had them.  Even if Salk produces a better speaker (which I assume is true), there's no reason to diss VMPS.

Better is an extremely realitive term.  That said, they have been on a vmps bashing kick for a while now, so it really is nothing new.  As a realitively new vmps user, it is actually pretty insulting.