elac uni-fi reference

trianglezerius

trianglezerius

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: elac uni-fi reference
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2021, 10:26 am »
Could you highlight what you like about the speaker for those of us too lazy or disinterested to watch a long YouTube video?  Thanks.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2021, 12:01 pm »
The YouTube presenter was a ELAC fanboy dork (so not useful) and like most amateur videos wasted much time at the beginning listening to himself talk.  Like the Uni-Fi reference just fine, having heard Tom's but am a fan of active monitors.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2021, 10:46 am »
I agree with you about the video JLM, I'm sure many folks love watching long videos about audio equipment.  I haven't met any, but I'm sure they're out there.  However I haven't heard this line from Elac, so I'd love to hear them playing.  Even on YouTube you can get a hint of how speakers sound if I run it through my thumbnail DAC and headphones, does he play the speakers later in the video?   Sincere apologies for crapping on your thread T, the subject is very worthy and I want to hear more about the reference series from Elac.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jun 2021, 11:13 am »
Apparently, everyone is trying to make money on the YouTube by any means. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2021, 12:06 pm »
Apparently, everyone is trying to make money on the YouTube by any means.
Certainly not everyone.

newzooreview

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2021, 01:22 pm »
A couple of other reviewers on YouTube have also reviewed them recently. Here's Steve Gutenberg's review, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ijgKemSPM

I usually bump the speed to 2x on informational videos. People talk slowly.

The reviews seem consistently enthusiastic about the speakers, but any YouTube review with any kind of monetization has to be taken with a grain of salt.

trianglezerius

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jun 2021, 01:34 pm »
IMO videos are just to see new gear that's out there.
A couple of other reviewers on YouTube have also reviewed them recently. Here's Steve Gutenberg's review, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ijgKemSPM

I usually bump the speed to 2x on informational videos. People talk slowly.

The reviews seem consistently enthusiastic about the speakers, but any YouTube review with any kind of monetization has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jun 2021, 04:53 pm »
A couple of other reviewers on YouTube have also reviewed them recently....
C'mon, he's not a reviewer, he's just a guy named Randy trying to make money as a YouTube influencer. Honestly, I don't understand how these folks get traction.

newzooreview

« Reply #10 on: 9 Jun 2021, 07:41 pm »
C'mon, he's not a reviewer, he's just a guy named Randy trying to make money as a YouTube influencer. Honestly, I don't understand how these folks get traction.

My link was to a review by Steve Guttenberg. He compares the Elac Uni-Fi Reference to several other speakers and explains the music and amps he used in the review.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #11 on: 9 Jun 2021, 10:20 pm »
My link was to a review by Steve Guttenberg. He compares the Elac Uni-Fi Reference to several other speakers and explains the music and amps he used in the review.

I've met Steve, he a great guy, very warm and gracious.  I'd trust any review from him to be genuine and truthful to what he heard.  Jones has done well with the Debut line, better with the Unifi, and this Reference line looks like a winner too.  YouTube reviewers, somewhat lower down on reliability, but doesn't mean he's wrong.   Thanks to newzoo for posting the Guttenberg review and the suggestion for 2x replay.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2021, 01:36 am »
My link was to a review by Steve Guttenberg.....
No doubt. My comment simply meant Randy should not be considered a reviewer (also), imo.

fridays

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2021, 02:47 am »
I will not watch this guy

wushuliu

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2021, 05:08 am »
Funny he gets this response as he seems to be the embodiment of most audiophiles online, except he's self-aware enough to not take himself too seriously. He goes more in-depth than Steve does and is an advocate for kit/diy-ish designs most folks like Steve won't cover.

Pretty sure there's not much money in making audio videos on youtube unless you are racking large subscriber numbers or using them to sell your own merchandise/services.

trianglezerius

« Reply #15 on: 12 Jun 2021, 01:46 pm »
This thread was to see is anyone knows anything about this or heard the new elac's?

SET Man

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jun 2021, 11:14 pm »
This thread was to see is anyone knows anything about this or heard the new elac's?

Hey!

That would have been helpful to put on your first post.

For me the answer is no I have not heard any new Elac speakers.

Well, look like Elac speakers seems to be very popular for YouTube audio reviewers. And Elac seems to bring out new speakers out pretty fast like iPhone. This probably make those people who like to watch YouTube audio reviews get the "upgrade itch"

Anyway, back to listening to music on my now 19 years old DIY speaker. 

Buddy