silver or black?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: silver or black?
« Reply #20 on: 3 Mar 2011, 04:47 pm »
Hi

Yes they are and i use them for protection. Two fit the top of a bcd - bda - bdp perfectly. I am always putting things on my bdp so its protects the surface. It also protects it from drops since my cd's are right behind it and i reach over all the time.

I was using the mousepads under my bda (see pic). Took them out since the i want to stack the bdp/bda and the weight was just destroying the mousepads. They work good under one component. Its just calms the rack.  :thumb:

Hi werd,

Are the mouse droppings Silver or Black :)

james

werd

« Reply #21 on: 3 Mar 2011, 05:11 pm »
Hi werd,

Are the mouse droppings Silver or Black :)

james

They come black, grey, blue, green and they even come in red  :D

Napalm

« Reply #22 on: 3 Mar 2011, 05:16 pm »
All you need now is a pair of Shakti stones to place over the pads. Looks classy on red.

werd

« Reply #23 on: 3 Mar 2011, 05:17 pm »
Hey James

How about fixing up a Zebra Bryston stack for us and take a pic. Silver and black. When i eventually get my bp26 back i will be buying it in silver and so i can go black on silver on black on silver and black 14B  :lol:

werd

« Reply #24 on: 3 Mar 2011, 05:18 pm »
All you need now is a pair of Shakti stones to place over the pads. Looks classy on red.

Actually the shakti stones work best on the amps. Thats where i think they are meant for.  :thumb:

larevoj

« Reply #25 on: 4 Mar 2011, 10:07 am »
Hi

Yes they are and i use them for protection. Two fit the top of a bcd - bda - bdp perfectly. I am always putting things on my bdp so its protects the surface. It also protects it from drops since my cd's are right behind it and i reach over all the time.

I was using the mousepads under my bda (see pic). Took them out since the i want to stack the bdp/bda and the weight was just destroying the mousepads. They work good under one component. Its just calms the rack.  :thumb:

Thats a practical solution  :thumb:

Actually I am in the process of rearranging my "Silverwares" on my rack and putting some audio treatment to reduce vibration on the rack...hope it works!  :D

pardales

« Reply #26 on: 4 Mar 2011, 01:31 pm »
black    :D

Robert D

« Reply #27 on: 4 Mar 2011, 03:46 pm »

Black

Only Black if I can help It

Robert

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #28 on: 4 Mar 2011, 04:14 pm »
They come black, grey, blue, green and they even come in red  :D

Werd,

i can see the upsampling led is on...are you always using the upsampling while playing a song in its native resolution via your BDA-1? i mean does it make sense to upsample a file that is for example 44.1 "into" 176.4 ??? in this case 'more' is not better as it doesn't make any sense  :scratch:?!

al.

ps.: upsampling is not the same as oversampling. Bryston's BCD-1 is using oversampling in order to get a more analog like waveform. correct me if i am wrong here but my understanding is that if a file has a digital corset it doesn't make any sense at all to upsample it. you cannot enlarge a digital format only by engaging any upsampling technology. you don't get a true 176.4 khz...IT IS 44.1 and it will stay a 44.1 ?!
it always depends on the original recording. an analog source is needed to define its digital format. that's the great thing about vinyl. given the software you are using you can choose here the final khz/bit format.
whatever you are going to record...all ends up by trying to be as analog as possible.

Napalm

« Reply #29 on: 4 Mar 2011, 04:34 pm »
correct me if i am wrong here but my understanding is that if a file has a digital corset it doesn't make any sense at all to upsample it.

It actually does. Agreed that it doesn't "create" any new information but... it helps with moving the low pass filter from 22kHz (where it can affect audible frequencies too) to 48kHz or 96kHz, where it is less likely to have any undesirable effect over the audible band.

Nap.

Napalm

« Reply #30 on: 4 Mar 2011, 04:38 pm »
Werd you still have no style, what is that, a Patriot Xporter, the model that is always "on sale"?

The soundstage width and depth is proportional to its price  :lol:

Nap.

Napalm

« Reply #31 on: 4 Mar 2011, 04:39 pm »
Robert. You have an oil leak.  :o

Nap.

werd

« Reply #32 on: 4 Mar 2011, 04:57 pm »

Werd,

i can see the upsampling led is on...are you always using the upsampling while playing a song in its native resolution via your BDA-1? i mean does it make sense to upsample a file that is for example 44.1 "into" 176.4 ??? in this case 'more' is not better as it doesn't make any sense  :scratch:?!

al.

ps.: upsampling is not the same as oversampling. Bryston's BCD-1 is using oversampling in order to get a more analog like waveform. correct me if i am wrong here but my understanding is that if a file has a digital corset it doesn't make any sense at all to upsample it. you cannot enlarge a digital format only by engaging any upsampling technology. you don't get a true 176.4 khz...IT IS 44.1 and it will stay a 44.1 ?!
it always depends on the original recording. an analog source is needed to define its digital format. that's the great thing about vinyl. given the software you are using you can choose here the final khz/bit format.
whatever you are going to record...all ends up by trying to be as analog as possible.

Al

Anytime i use my red mousepads the upsampling seems to sound better  :scratch:  :D.

It just seems to offer more weight in 44.1. Its not that crucial but i like it better. It usually remains on since i have my hirez mixed in with my redbook and james won't send me a remote so i can't change it on the fly.(even though it was my bday yesterday  :wink:).

The weight maybe coming from more voltage drive off the chip (don't know though). It does sound less airy and that maybe from the jitter imposed by using the upsampling.

werd

« Reply #33 on: 4 Mar 2011, 05:00 pm »
Werd you still have no style, what is that, a Patriot Xporter, the model that is always "on sale"?

The soundstage width and depth is proportional to its price  :lol:

Nap.

That patriot compared to my lexar is identical in sound but has much faster dl's. I think its 25/25 mb ul/dl speeds. My lexar is 25/10 mb or something like that. Same price and the patriat looks more chic.......

BrysTony

« Reply #34 on: 4 Mar 2011, 05:31 pm »

Bryston = Silver    Other Brands = Black   :thumb:

werd

« Reply #35 on: 4 Mar 2011, 05:33 pm »
Lots of prestige here  :thumb: ^^^^^^^

Robert D

« Reply #36 on: 4 Mar 2011, 05:45 pm »

Bryston = Silver    Other Brands = Black   :thumb:

Looks Good  ... Nice set up

Robert

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #37 on: 4 Mar 2011, 05:51 pm »
two mono amps look absolutely great!

al.

larevoj

« Reply #38 on: 5 Mar 2011, 05:09 am »
I think MJ's B&W song will suit this thread very well  :lol:

Bugsy

« Reply #39 on: 5 Mar 2011, 09:40 am »
It just seems to offer more weight in 44.1. Its not that crucial but i like it better. It usually remains on since i have my hirez mixed in with my redbook and james won't send me a remote so i can't change it on the fly.(even though it was my bday yesterday  :wink:).

Weird

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY  :birthday: :beer:

Hope you had a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry