Thing's going on in Town

PeteG

Thing's going on in Town
« on: 11 Mar 2004, 04:06 am »
Some of the thing's going on in town.
THE BIG DENVER GUN SHOW is coming this weekend MARCH 13TH & 14TH. We hope you are planning to join us. Show hours are Saturday 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. and Sunday 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. The show will be held at the Hammons Convention Center in the Holiday Inn. Take I-70 East to the Chambers Road Exit in Aurora. This is just East of Denver. For directions to the show click on GunShow For a $1.00 Discount on Adult Admission click onCouponSaturday's admission will allow you to return free on Sunday.

This is a very good show for us gun & knife nuts.

Audio Unlimited Spring 2004 Open House Events
Saturday March 20, 2004 - 11am to 5pm
If you have never been to John's place your missing one of the best audio rooms in Colorado.
AudioUnlimited

Pez

Thing's going on in Town
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2004, 05:45 am »
Why is it that all the guns, knives, and other such conventions are held as far away from a conveniant location as possible? Tyson and I had to drive to no-mans-land to get to the knife convention. I'm not saying aurora is all that far of a drive, but come on Denver is central, everything else is not. :?

Now that I'm done ranting I'll try to go. :lol:

BradJudy

Thing's going on in Town
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2004, 02:05 pm »
Quote from: Pez
Why is it that all the guns, knives, and other such conventions are held as far away from a conveniant location as possible? Tyson and I had to drive to no-mans-land to get to the knife convention. I'm not saying aurora is all that far of a drive, but come on Denver is central, everything else is not. :?

Now that I'm done ranting I'll try to go. :lol:

Probably because Denver has the most strict laws regarding guns in the metro area.  It might not be feasible to hold a gun show there.  I'm sure it's also because of the costs - gun/knife shows don't bring in a lot of cash and probably can't afford more central venues.

PeteG

Thing's going on in Town
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2004, 08:36 pm »
Australian Pink Floyd Show will be here in Denver March 24, at the
Paramount Theatre. Picked mine up today :D. Maybe RUSH at redrocks will be next.
APF

Malcolm Fear

Thing's going on in Town
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2004, 09:52 am »
Who are the Australian Pink Floyd?
I have lived in Australia since I was 5 (about 50 years). I love Pink Floyd. I have never heard of Australian Pink Floyd. None of my friends have heard of them!
My wife and I will be in USA for April and May. Maybe I can catch them and see who the hell they are.

JohnR

Thing's going on in Town
« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2004, 10:05 am »
Malcolm, be sure to get yourself a bottle or two of "Aussie shampoo" while you are over there... it's the real thing :lol:

Malcolm Fear

Thing's going on in Town
« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2004, 04:38 pm »
Oh gawd, what is Aussie Shampoo?

PeteG

Thing's going on in Town
« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2004, 05:34 pm »
Quote from: Malcolm Fear
Oh gawd, what is Aussie Shampoo?

It's shampoo made from kangaroos..  Or was that dingos?  :mrgreen:

Pez

Thing's going on in Town