What happed to MoonDance Audio?

jrhymeammo

What happed to MoonDance Audio?
« on: 23 Jul 2006, 05:41 am »
Newbie here. I used to love going to that store on Broadway, and now it is just some furniture store. Did they move to other location? I'm not even gonna consider that place on Broadway in Englewood. Any used hi-fi/analogue store in Denver Metro Area?

Thanx

JCarney

Re: What happed to MoonDance Audio?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2006, 04:24 am »
MoonDance has closed their doors. The poor guy was just worn out.

JCarney

audioferret

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2006, 06:58 pm »
You may want to visit Goldsound, about two miles south on Broadway.  They also sell used equipment, but not as much as Moondance.

To all:  Are there any other really good audio stores in the area?  My current Fave is Cherry Creek Audio, but I like to browse. 

-AF

jrhymeammo

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2006, 08:09 pm »
Yeah, Goldsound is the place I refuse to visit. I was really close to buying a pair of speakers just under $3k, and they refused to drop price. Only thing they considered was if I had purchased speakers, they would knock-off $20 on Thoren's record clamp. Serivce is mediocre at best.

You may want to consider Listenup, Denver Audio Design, Gramophone Sound Inc, Audio Federation, and others I cannot remember at this time. There's this place in Golden that sells Zingali and other exotic speakers. If I can find it later, I will post.

This place on Broadway is great for Vaccum Tubes. If you are heading south on the Broadway, before Alameda on the left. It is called NBS Electronics. If anyone want to walk in, I think it must be between Thursday to Saturday between 3-7pm.
-JRA

BradJudy

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2006, 09:29 pm »
I didn't realize MoonDance was gone - I've only been down there once or twice.  They were big on Krix speakers when I was last there, IIRC.

I can't say that I know a lot about the local dealers these days - it seems like multiple have gone away/under.  The RMAF will be a chance to see some of the dealers including Audio Federation and ListenUp. 

JCarney

« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2006, 04:01 am »
Other shops that might be of interest are Audio Unlimited in Denver, Sounds Real Audio in Golden, Colorado Audiophile Sound and Design in Elizabeth, Audio Limits in Colorado Springs, and Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins. I have purchased from all of them except Audio Limits, and the service is great at alll of them.

JCarney