Updated Line force (Super LS? )

2bigears

Re: Updated Line force (Super LS? )
« Reply #40 on: 10 Feb 2019, 05:43 pm »
 :D all these "super" creations are pulling at my not so 'super' bank account .  I'll be super broke , super hungry and of course SUPER COLD here in Canada,,,,ha. 

Angaria

« Reply #41 on: 10 Feb 2019, 10:23 pm »
Since many are drooling over these, curious how many preorders would be needed to get a bulk shipment of neo3's... would that be on the order of a thousand (tweeters) of them or 10k?  Maybe customs hassle just aren't worth it.

seems there is a place called audiopur making them available in bulk - not sure if they're knockoffs, or licensed.

Danny Richie

« Reply #42 on: 11 Feb 2019, 12:40 am »
Since many are drooling over these, curious how many preorders would be needed to get a bulk shipment of neo3's... would that be on the order of a thousand (tweeters) of them or 10k?  Maybe customs hassle just aren't worth it.

seems there is a place called audiopur making them available in bulk - not sure if they're knockoffs, or licensed.

Our Neo 3's are very unique. The design doesn't really work without them.

And I can send them to you in bulk. I had 1,000 of them made.

Captainhemo

« Reply #43 on: 26 Feb 2019, 08:41 pm »
this first pair come out really  nice.  time to get them off to paint

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #44 on: 26 Feb 2019, 08:48 pm »
Looks great Jay!   :D

ebag4

« Reply #45 on: 27 Feb 2019, 12:42 am »
Wow, those look great Jay  :thumb:!

Best,
Ed

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #46 on: 27 Feb 2019, 12:43 am »
Man, they just dwarf the NX-Ottica. 

grimace

« Reply #47 on: 27 Feb 2019, 12:46 am »
Man, they just dwarf the NX-Ottica.

Yeah, I feel bad for them...you should probably find them a new home down here in North Carolina  :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #48 on: 27 Feb 2019, 01:00 am »
Yeah, I feel bad for them...you should probably find them a new home down here in North Carolina  :D

I'll let  you  know if the  current  interested  person doesn't  pull the trigger  on  the  Otica's.
Those  Line force's unfortunately aren't  staying  either, they are a preordered  pair

jay

soundofrockets

« Reply #49 on: 27 Feb 2019, 02:58 am »
Nice.  Capt will you be putting them together ?

Captainhemo

« Reply #50 on: 27 Feb 2019, 03:51 am »
No 
Tset  will be  painted then crated and shipped off to Danny for    final assembly,  no point  shipping  everything  up here then back down    again for the customer.  Won't  even get  to hear  them  :(

jay

soundofrockets

« Reply #51 on: 27 Feb 2019, 04:02 am »
Wanted to know more about how they sounded with pair of OB servo subs.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #52 on: 27 Feb 2019, 04:11 am »
The original Line Force speakers at Danny's had two 3x12" OB servo subs.

Amazing is the only term I can use after hearing them almost 4 years ago.

soundofrockets

« Reply #53 on: 27 Feb 2019, 04:16 am »
2x3x12 would be awesome for sure.

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #54 on: 27 Feb 2019, 05:50 am »
this first pair come out really  nice.  time to get them off to paint

jay
Stunning CNC work!  I’ve been following all of this along with the rest of your products.  Having gotten a pair of the Wedgies (which were flawless in manufacture and fitment) was a physical game changer for me...  I get older... sigh...

I am in awe of you two in having the balls to bring unbelievably high quality kits to a bunch of hackers like most of us are!!!    :wave:

Once again:  you guys rock!  Jay... thank you.

studley

« Reply #55 on: 27 Feb 2019, 09:11 am »
hey Ed
No,  I think we'll offer the flat packs as well.  the composite is expensive as is machining those  bases... not to mention building  custom boxes/crates  for   each pair.   Still chaaper than the   aluminum  pair  Danny originally  had  cut.
Waiting onthe composite   for the first pair to be cut.. hopefully  soon

jay
Is it still the plan to offer these as flat packs?  Presumably with the right adhesive it would be fairly straightforward to fix the wing to the baffle and then glue those to the base?

Captainhemo

« Reply #56 on: 27 Feb 2019, 05:37 pm »
Wanted to know more about how they sounded with pair of OB servo subs.

that's  what  they were  designed to be paired with  :thumb:

Stunning CNC work!  I’ve been following all of this along with the rest of your products.  Having gotten a pair of the Wedgies (which were flawless in manufacture and fitment) was a physical game changer for me...  I get older... sigh...

I am in awe of you two in having the balls to bring unbelievably high quality kits to a bunch of hackers like most of us are!!!    :wave:

Once again:  you guys rock!  Jay... thank you.
Thanks   Wade,  your comments  are much  appreciated. Quite a bit of time and effort  goes into  most of these  kits.

Is it still the plan to offer these as flat packs?  Presumably with the right adhesive it would be fairly straightforward to fix the wing to the baffle and then glue those to the base?

Yes, flat packs are available but   there is lead time, especially if we need to order the composite.   It's expensive and   can't   stock a ton of  it.  The good part is   all the   modeling, programming, test cuts  etc  are  out of the way, so it's just  amtter of  getting the  material and cuttinf.
Yes,  a special adhesive  is required, we  are working on  packaging small quantities  with  each  kit.  Only one  joing,  wing to  baffle.   After that,   there are 5 (2 in baffle, 3 in wing)  M8x1.25x60mm  threaded holes that align with  counter-bored  holes (no  golts will be visible)  in the bases.   so,  5 M8x1.25  x60-70mm   per speaker (included) secure the  speaker to the base.

jay

grimace

« Reply #57 on: 27 Feb 2019, 06:30 pm »
I'll let  you  know if the  current  interested  person doesn't  pull the trigger  on  the  Otica's.
Those  Line force's unfortunately aren't  staying  either, they are a preordered  pair

jay

Thank you Jay - let me know.  And, the lines on the new Line Force look really, really nice!  Good work man.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 27 Feb 2019, 06:43 pm »
that's  what  they were  designed to be paired with  :thumb:

Thanks   Wade,  your comments  are much  appreciated. Quite a bit of time and effort  goes into  most of these  kits.

Yes, flat packs are available but   there is lead time, especially if we need to order the composite.   It's expensive and   can't   stock a ton of  it.  The good part is   all the   modeling, programming, test cuts  etc  are  out of the way, so it's just  amtter of  getting the  material and cuttinf.
Yes,  a special adhesive  is required, we  are working on  packaging small quantities  with  each  kit.  Only one  joing,  wing to  baffle.   After that,   there are 5 (2 in baffle, 3 in wing)  M8x1.25x60mm  threaded holes that align with  counter-bored  holes (no  golts will be visible)  in the bases.   so,  5 M8x1.25  x60-70mm   per speaker (included) secure the  speaker to the base.

jay

Jay,

What’s the price on the flatpack?

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #59 on: 27 Feb 2019, 06:49 pm »
Thank you Jay - let me know.  And, the lines on the new Line Force look really, really nice!  Good work man.

You got it, I think  he's planning  on coming up to audition  on the 12th or so.
Wish my camera skills were better... a lot of attention to detail went intothese.  All exposed  edges have  tight , clean  1/8 radius (inluding all edges on the base).   Rear side of bbaffle  has   large radius's on all  driver  cutouts, all screw holes pre-drilled  etc  etc.  they  look better in person

Jay,

What’s the price on the flatpack?

Mike

Total price  with all  drivers and  networks  should be around  10-11k.
If you  want the flat packs  on their own,  $4500 which  a  a signifigant  reduction from the original aluminum   pair.
jay