happy phone call

Ed_Zachary

happy phone call
« on: 9 Jun 2011, 09:26 pm »
Hello and greetings.

I ordered a Cyclops from Herr Bunge late last month and he advised me to call him this week to check on the build status.

I was more than just a little delighted when I reached him last night and he said it was done.  :thumb:

Soon my one-eyed friend will be here and happiness and joy will be mine. Obviously I will be reporting back on the maturation of this integrated amplifier, as I see few threads concerning this particular model.

Danke, Herr Bunge!

Ed_Zachary

Re: happy phone call
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2011, 07:13 pm »
A very nice man pulled a truck up in my driveway just after lunch and brought me an even nicer box. How nice was this man? He looked at my bald head and white beard and asked me if I would like the box brought inside. I thanked him kindly and he brought it in and set it on a convenient chair and we wished one another a good day.

I have unpacked and hooked up, some quick first impressions:

WELL packed, a VERY WELL produced owner's notebook with instructions, diagrams, etc., break-in CD included.

GAIN! I thought my CJ PV-5 had gain. This beast has GAIN.

Break In.... I am unsure what all the fuss is about. To me, this amp sounds perfectly fine right out of the box. I am not hearing any "thinness" or other unusual artifacts. It is quite robust.

The source is an M-Audio Delta 1010LT audio card playing FLAC files via Foobar. The amplifier is driving a pair of JBL 4311Bs (all the crossovers were rebuilt and internal wiring and L-Pads were replaced by me within the last 2 years).

The sound is quite impressive, right out of the box.

Once again Klaus, thank you.

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2011, 09:06 pm »
Some physical measurements:

Shipping weight is 31 pounds (14.09 Kgs)
Width - 18" (45.72 cm)
Depth (from face of volume knob to end of speaker terminal) - 18.5" (46.99 cm)
Height - 4.25" (10.8 cm)

BobC

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2011, 07:04 pm »
Good to hear, Ed.  How about some pics?

Anyone know if it's possible to get a headphone jack installed in a Cyclops? 

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2011, 02:28 pm »
I am under the impression that I am "unwashed" until my post count reaches some fixed number, and am therefore unable to post photos.

Apparently, I am a threat to the internet until 5/10/20/xx posts have been made.

edit - Oooo! Perhaps not - this post just appeared without the "awaiting moderator approval" notice.

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2011, 01:48 am »
I may have done this right....

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery

Hopefully that link will take you to the Audio Circle Gallery I just created.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2011, 02:19 am »
Congrats!! It looks very cool..how many watts is it a side??

BobC

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2011, 03:04 am »
I like the red on black.

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2011, 03:14 am »
how many watts is it a side??

Per the published specs, 110 watts per channel into an 8 ohm load.

Ed_Zachary

Re: happy phone call (Eight Years Later)
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2019, 03:29 pm »
So eight ( 8 ) years ago, my Cyclops showed up and it has rendered perfect service (except for that one time when I was sorta standing on a ladder while rearranging my office and the Cyclops was sitting in the middle of the floor so you can pretty much figure out where I landed and yeah, a 200 pound man can shear a WBT speaker connector clean in half if he has enough momentum, and I did... but anyway, after Klaus finished laughing he said "schicken Sie es mir", which either means "send it to me" or "my god, the things my customers can do to my amplifiers" and he fixed it and...)

So 8 years later it's still sitting under my desk doing its Cyclops thing and it sounds just as good as ever and I'm gonna tell you two things: first, I can make a run on sentence that would make an English teacher weep in despair and second, Klaus can build a amplifier that puts his competition to shame and he will stand behind it even if you (me) are unbelievably inept.

Thank you, Herr Bunge. You are truly one of a kind.

Klaus peering through the Odyssey Brain Scope™, looking for mine... results negative.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jul 2019, 08:37 pm »
I may have done this right....

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery

Hopefully that link will take you to the Audio Circle Gallery I just created.
Congratulations Ed for your Cyclops, you made the right choose.
This amp has tremendous price/sound quality value, the Sanken output transistors are the best I had listen so far. I will look forward your inside amp photos and your sound impressions, you dont have gallery yet.

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2019, 09:16 pm »
The gallery has come and gone.... the original post is 8 years ago.