Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

orthobiz

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1000 on: 4 Nov 2012, 08:12 pm »
Detroit Fox Theater:

Ian Anderson doing Thick As A Brick.

Great music, but he has lost much of the upper register of his voice.

Paul

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #1001 on: 4 Nov 2012, 08:14 pm »
Cheap Trick and Blondie at the Calvert Marine Museum outdoor stage.

Bands were rocking and a great sound system!

Demarche

« Reply #1002 on: 5 Nov 2012, 01:22 am »
MSG - The Michael Schenker Group
A couple of Scorpions songs and lots of UFO. The man can still play, and he's got a tight band.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #1003 on: 5 Nov 2012, 03:13 am »
PRIMUS in Denver Nov 3rd, great show!

And Beats Antique last weekend, they were awesome too...

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #1004 on: 14 Nov 2012, 03:40 pm »
The Who in DC Nov 13.  Quadrophenia  and then a bunch of other songs like Who are you, Pinball Wizard and Baba O'Riley among others.  Fantastic show.  Daltrey sounded better than 30 years ago on their farewell tour.  The sound mix was just right with music and vocals in good balance. And it was not too loud. :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #1005 on: 15 Nov 2012, 05:35 am »
The Who in DC Nov 13.  Quadrophenia  and then a bunch of other songs like Who are you, Pinball Wizard and Baba O'Riley among others.  Fantastic show.  Daltrey sounded better than 30 years ago on their farewell tour.  The sound mix was just right with music and vocals in good balance. And it was not too loud. :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ah09RNfrE   :thumb:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1006 on: 15 Nov 2012, 11:26 am »
Leonard Cohen at Key Arena on November 9. Terrific show! Started a little past 8 and played past 11:30 with a short break around 9:30. The band is exceptional as are Sharon Robinson and the Webb sisters. The sound was great, especially for an arena. They played all the old favorites plus a few songs off of the new album, "Old Ideas."

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1007 on: 15 Nov 2012, 11:40 am »
Neil Young & Crazy Horse at Key Arena in Seattle on November 10. An electric, jammin, fuzz-box, feedback concert. They were "on." The set was off the back cover of Rust Never Sleeps. It was their Americana and Psychedelic Pill tour and the opening was different and amazing. I won't spoil it for those who are going to see them later on the tour. A good mix of older NY&CH songs with songs off of Psychedellic Pill and Americana. Everest and Los Lobos opened for them. A great show with Neil being Neil.

mjosef

« Reply #1008 on: 25 Nov 2012, 05:11 am »
Henry Threadgill + ZOOID: “Dimples” @ Roulette, Brooklyn, NY
Henry Threadgill returns to Roulette for the world premiere of “Dimples”, a new work for his ground breaking group, ZOOID, plus a four person brass section.  Hailed by the New York Times as “one of the most thrillingly elusive composers in and around the jazz idiom”, Threadgill is one of the great musical masterminds of the past quarter century – a composer, arranger, and innovator who transcends genres in contemporary music.” Featuring Liberty Ellman (acoustic guitar), Jose Davila (trombone and tuba), Elliot Humberto Kavee (drums) and Zachary Lober (bass), Christopher Hoffman (cello), Ben Gerstein (trombone), Jacob Garchik (trombone), Stephanie Richards (trumpet) and Jonathan Finlayson (trumpet).

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #1009 on: 25 Nov 2012, 05:21 am »
Reinvigorated:

The Smashing Pumpkins

roscoeiii

« Reply #1010 on: 25 Nov 2012, 05:23 am »
Low.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #1011 on: 4 Jan 2013, 11:18 pm »
The wife and I saw JJ Grey and MOFRO at The Pageant in St. Louis for the New Years celebration.
I've got some very poor quality video and pics, if you're really interested.

Bob

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #1012 on: 4 Jan 2013, 11:50 pm »
Amon Tobin and a bunch of other djs for new years at The Capital in Denver. Great show...

rockadanny

« Reply #1013 on: 20 Feb 2013, 03:42 pm »
A Valentine's gift to me from my amazing wife: tickets to Buddy Guy at the Cobb Energy Center (near Atlanta) - center Orchestra, one level up, three rows up, so eye level with performers. :thumb:

At "76 years young", still an amazing performer. Great show. Great band. Terrific.  :thumb:

Warm up band was Johnny Lang ...  :sleep: ... :thumbdown:
What a lame excuse for a band! Likely, one of the worst performances I've ever seen on stage, and that includes the stupid bands I was in. Why is he famous? He was lame - can't sing, can't play, can't write music or lyrics. And his band - embarrassinlgy amateurish and untalented. Blech!

FYI - the Cobb Energy Center is a beautiful, well run, terrific place to see a performance, but to hear one is another story. Terrible, terrible, terrible acoustics for amplified music. Simply awful. Everything was very loud, yet you could only barely hear lead guitar and singing. Most audible was the f*!@ing kick drum. It was like a kick drum concert, starring ... the kick drum. Ugh!

TerrOh

« Reply #1014 on: 4 Mar 2013, 04:46 pm »
The wife and I attended a house concert in Austin weekend before. Saw Harry Bodine play with Steve Amedee and John Magnie of 'subdudes' fame backing him up! It was amazing to see and hear such talent on a covered patio in a private residence!!
After we left the house concert we went downtown to Antone's Blues Club. The Honey Island Swamp Band opened up for Papa Grows Funk. Antone's is a great and storied venue in Austin. Every band I have seen there steps their game a notch or two just because of where there are! The Islanders are getting better and better. They rocked the house hard. Papa Grows Funk is splitting up after this tour.... it is a crying shame for a band so tight and so good to break up, but this was a show that I will never forget.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #1015 on: 5 Mar 2013, 05:18 am »
OK, this ain't the norm for us musical purists, but tonight I saw the "Doo Wop Project" a touring group of singers associated with Broadway's "Jersey Boys".   Wonderful voices and a great show!

I've just pulled out my old Sha-Na-Na discs as a result, and the SQ is really good!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #1016 on: 5 Mar 2013, 08:01 pm »
Bruce Cockburn in coming to Dosey Doe's in Houston in March:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYAFzVTLIQs

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #1017 on: 7 Apr 2013, 04:50 am »

Danish metal hybrids Volbeat with Spoken and Danko Jones in support. Volbeat offer up a unique mixture of metal, rockabilly, country and punk and put on a really fun show. At one point, their frontman was scanning the audience for people wearing concert t-shirts and when he spotted one, the band would do a few bars of one of that band's hits - my Rammstein T got us a good blast of German sturm und drang and they were right on the money with their "tributes".

D.D. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #1018 on: 7 Apr 2013, 05:02 am »
Well, on Monday, I saw Nick Cave

Tuesday I saw Sigur Ros

Today I saw jazz saxophonist David Boykins at an in store in my neighborhood record store.

This coming Monday, I will see Implodes (FREE album release show), who is excellent for shoegaze fans in particular.

Lots of other great shows coming up...

putz

« Reply #1019 on: 7 Apr 2013, 05:40 am »
Just got home from Leonard Cohen at Radio City. Played for well over 3 hours with an intermission. Not bad for a 78 year old. Gives Bruce something to shoot for when he's that old.