Omega B200 Aperiodic Production Model I

bsuhy

RE: deatail
« Reply #40 on: 14 Sep 2005, 12:41 am »
As I was listening to my B200's this evening I was flabbergasted that they could give me more detail than my Super 3's, and I logged on to see if anyone else had the same experience.

I am glad to see others have had the same experience that I have.

I tend to listen a low levels, and the A8's are just as amazing at lower levels.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #41 on: 14 Sep 2005, 01:59 pm »
Public service announcement:

Continued exposure to 85 dB or higher will result in permanent hearing loss and possible permanent pain.

That said, music is rarely provides a constant sound pressure.  Typically only amplified musical forms (pop, rock, rap, country) consist of extended high spls.

IME the brain oftens overloads (listener fatigue) from long periods of high spls as it tries to cope/absorb all the information provided.  Distortion only adds to the overload condition as the brain has to work harder to make sense of the input.

Louis O

« Reply #42 on: 15 Sep 2005, 01:31 am »
Hi all,

This is a great thread about Kind of Blue and I have the CD and the SACD. I'll give it try too. Tommy may even have the record.

The B200s amaze me more and more every time I listen to them. I thought the super 3s where the best at detail and these are the next level.

The 1.5 way and the OBs are next and I can’t wait. At the show I will have the 1.5 way Hemps and when I return I will get started on the A8s.

Got something new for the show too. Big sound small box.

Thanks again,
Louis