I test drove a Tesla 3 this morning.

Wind Chaser

Re: I test drove a Tesla 3 this morning.
« Reply #440 on: 26 Oct 2019, 10:36 pm »
...you do get the option of giving it back in one week or 1000 miles...

I wonder how many people do that, apart from those merely taking advantage of a free car rental service?

Philistine

« Reply #441 on: 30 Oct 2019, 02:50 pm »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #442 on: 30 Oct 2019, 06:28 pm »
An AK-47 disguised as a butter knife!  :lol:

A_shah

« Reply #443 on: 30 Oct 2019, 08:19 pm »
I wonder how many people do that, apart from those merely taking advantage of a free car rental service?

Interesting Idea , never thought about that , but you will have to cough up $ 2500 plus you don't know when your car is going to be ready for deliver,  at delivery another $ 3k to $ 7K  plus if you return the car after week Tesla will not allow you to purchase or lease a car for 12 months . much simpler to lease a car with your credit card   :icon_lol:

Asghar
still waiting for my free charging to kick in ! :duh:

rlee8394

« Reply #444 on: 30 Oct 2019, 11:59 pm »
Got my 50 amp 14-50 circuit installed today. Solar panel installation should be complete tomorrow. Then just waiting for the power company to swap out the electric meter and give us the OK for cutover. Exited to go solar power for the model 3!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #445 on: 31 Oct 2019, 09:33 am »
Got my 50 amp 14-50 circuit installed today. Solar panel installation should be complete tomorrow. Then just waiting for the power company to swap out the electric meter and give us the OK for cutover. Exited to go solar power for the model 3!

Don't have an EV, but installed 18 PV solar panels 4 years ago (lower Michigan, home of clouds) and, with an incentive program the state put on the utility, have averaged $127/month in revenue.  We no longer get electric bills, we get statements.  In December/January have reduced bills and for the other 10 months of the year get credits.  When the credits exceed $50 they send me money, what a hoot!  Panels will payoff in 7.5 years. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #446 on: 31 Oct 2019, 03:05 pm »
Don't have an EV, but installed 18 PV solar panels 4 years ago (lower Michigan, home of clouds) and, with an incentive program the state put on the utility, have averaged $127/month in revenue.  We no longer get electric bills, we get statements.  In December/January have reduced bills and for the other 10 months of the year get credits.  When the credits exceed $50 they send me money, what a hoot!  Panels will payoff in 7.5 years.

:thumb:

Philistine

« Reply #447 on: 3 Nov 2019, 01:32 pm »
I received the latest OTA update Friday evening: increases power by 5%, adds Hold to stopping mode and Scheduled Charging.

The power increase is noticeable in a car that already has great acceleration, but always welcome.  Hold stopping mode allows for one pedal driving, claimed to extend driving range and reduce brake wear, this is going to take a few more days to relearn.  I don’t need Scheduled Charging, but it allows you to specify a time that you need the car ready and it will maximize charging (using off peak electricity) plus climate control activation to ensure the cabin temperature is at the set level.

Great to have a car that has better performance and more features than when it was driven new off the Tesla Service Center...

avahifi

« Reply #448 on: 14 Nov 2019, 09:28 pm »
Check out the new Bloomberg.com Tesla 3 owners survey.  They have results from over 5000 owners and over 99% are very satisfied with their Tesla 3.

The survey covers over 160 items from fit and finish through battery life and much more, including what was the owner’s previous car.

It is an interesting read.

I just got another new free software upgrade yesterday that includes a 5% power upgrade (as if it was not enough already) along with the capability to come to a complete stop and hold on regenerating motor power alone. This allows driving without need for the brake pedal at all in most cases and even improved range and even longer brake pad life.  It now recognizes temporary traffic cones and barrels and avoids those automatically.  More other new goodies in this upgrade too.

My Tesla keeps getting better and better as time goes on.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #449 on: 14 Nov 2019, 09:57 pm »
I’ve had my M3 since 9/1 and so far I’m very happy with it. I have just taken my first long trip, Rochester, NY to Outer Banks, NC. Fine going down and no problem finding Super Chargers. But here on the coast, there are none so I have a little bit of Range Anxiety but I’m handling it.

My question to Frank and Philistine is how were you alerted to updates? I haven’t been. Is it something that happens automatically from Tesla Central?

Cheers,
Lester

avahifi

« Reply #450 on: 14 Nov 2019, 11:12 pm »
You should get a notice that an update is available on your screen and also on your cellphone if linked to your Tesla.

Make sure your car talks to your home WiFi network.  If all is lost, your local service center should be able to force an upgrade.

Or - - - try this.  Tap the preferred key under software upgrade preferences on your touch screen 5 times in a row.  Some say this initiates an upgrade.

Other owners here can probably give you better advice

kingdeezie

« Reply #451 on: 22 Nov 2019, 07:50 pm »
Do you think the newly unveiled Cybertruck can jump a shark? My God, what a misstep.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #452 on: 22 Nov 2019, 08:50 pm »
Do you think the newly unveiled Cybertruck can jump a shark? My God, what a misstep.
I think it’s so ugly that it’s actually kinda cool looking. The stainless steel finish was definitely the way to go with it.

orientalexpress

« Reply #453 on: 22 Nov 2019, 09:14 pm »
I though it look great ,glad the designer think outside the box instead copying tradition box pick up truck design. :thumb:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #454 on: 22 Nov 2019, 09:23 pm »
Main problem I can see is the limited box size and poor-looking access to that box—and no tailgate?

This looks like a profiler's pickup and not very functional, apart from the sliding box cover which does make sense.

I am reminded of the Honda Ridgeline which apparently was (is?) a good vehicle with box size and shape limitations.

avahifi

« Reply #455 on: 22 Nov 2019, 11:29 pm »
You missed the fact that the tailgate drops down and a three section ramp pulls out.  They showed a new electric Tesla ATV actually driving up the ramp into the Cybrtrk bed and parking.  Closed the tailgate and then plugged ATV into truck’s 220V outlet to recharge it.  Very impressive. 

undertowogt1

« Reply #456 on: 23 Nov 2019, 12:44 am »
I like the cyber truck for the most part. The design from the back of the vehicle looks a little weird, but overall it looks cool. I think it will grow on people. That being said the share price dropped about 28 bucks the day after the launch.

JohnR

« Reply #457 on: 23 Nov 2019, 12:47 am »
They showed a new electric Tesla ATV actually driving up the ramp into the Cybrtrk bed and parking.

Video starting here: https://youtu.be/464puoD09dM?t=716

twitch54

« Reply #458 on: 23 Nov 2019, 01:26 am »

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #459 on: 23 Nov 2019, 01:35 am »
You missed the fact that the tailgate drops down and a three section ramp pulls out.  They showed a new electric Tesla ATV actually driving up the ramp into the Cybrtrk bed and parking.  Closed the tailgate and then plugged ATV into truck’s 220V outlet to recharge it.  Very impressive.
I hadn't seen the unveil video. Thanks, JohnR. It's actually the opposite of what I thought in a couple of ways. The ramp integral with the tailgate makes some sense, as does the air suspension. That should be standard in pickups, with their widely varying weight at the rear.