What does everybody have on order? Waiting room.

Yomaha

Re: What does everybody have on order? Waiting room.
« Reply #20 on: 23 Feb 2021, 10:08 pm »
Song3 BeAT's on order here...they just left Lake Orion, MI via FedEx headed my way.  It did take around 6 months to build them, but I feel confident it will be worth it.  I eventually stopped checking and kinda put it out of my mind, but then towards the end, the progress meter really started moving fast in my case.  Before I knew it I got a tracking number.  I love to consider the fact that before I placed my order these speakers did not exist and they were custom-built to order.

No worries - I was in the deposit stage for a couple of months  :D

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #21 on: 24 Feb 2021, 04:45 pm »
Hi Dennis.

Yes I am surprised with the deep reach and tonal accuracy of the woofers in my new Songtower II speakers.  The Phily 3s are better yet but at one third the price the Songtower IIs are formidable!

I always thought that the original Songtowers were the absolute best value speaker Jim makes.  Although I have not heard many of his more recent products, I suspect the Songtower II is a strong contender to keep this rating.

To be short, I absolutely love these speakers and they are getting better and better as I play more music with them.  Strongly recommended.

Frank

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #22 on: 25 Feb 2021, 07:39 pm »
Hi Frank     Glad to hear i didn't mess up the Song Tower lineup.  Of course, the Phil 3's are still the bass
champs--22 Hz vs 34 Hz for the ST's--but the new ST's go almost 10 Hz lower than the originals with the Seas ER15 woofer.  They're about equal to the BMR's, but with much higher sensitivity. 

banks1

« Reply #23 on: 25 Feb 2021, 10:31 pm »
Just ordered a pair of Song 3 today.Walnut with burst edges. Jim was super helpful and really nice.Now the wait begins.

screener

« Reply #24 on: 25 Feb 2021, 11:40 pm »
Just ordered a pair of Song 3 today.Walnut with burst edges. Jim was super helpful and really nice.Now the wait begins.

I remember ordering my first pair from Jim in 2010. A pair of Song Towers with the RAAL tweeter. Special stainless screws with a veneer he said that he had that I would like. Sight unseen. And at no additional cost. When I received them I was delighted with his choice. I still own them today and they sound wonderful!

Thanks Jim!

wilbur_the_goose

« Reply #25 on: 11 Mar 2021, 12:30 pm »
I have a VERACITY HT2C in black satin on order.    I chose black so the speaker "disappears" visually when watching TV.   Order placed on March 5, so it'll be a while...   But definitely worth it based on my experience with my new (to me) used Song3 BeATs I purchased.

ilikerecords

« Reply #26 on: 11 Mar 2021, 02:03 pm »
My order's at 52% now!

BVB09

« Reply #27 on: 24 Mar 2021, 08:21 pm »
Work and home projects have had me pretty busy these past few weeks that I forgot to check on the status of the speakers.  I was happy to see that the progress moved up slightly to 29%.      :D

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #28 on: 31 Mar 2021, 09:48 pm »
Just ordered what I am telling myself is my LAST pair of speakers, Song3 Encore 9.5.  Now trying to finalize finish.  I am super excited.

JDoyle

« Reply #29 on: 31 Mar 2021, 09:54 pm »
Just ordered what I am telling myself is my LAST pair of speakers, Song3 Encore 9.5.  Now trying to finalize finish.  I am super excited.

Never say LAST, but I don’t see myself ever changing out my Encores  :thumb:

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #30 on: 31 Mar 2021, 10:13 pm »
Never say LAST, but I don’t see myself ever changing out my Encores  :thumb:

What made you decide on Encores?  What finish did you select?

JDoyle

« Reply #31 on: 1 Apr 2021, 12:56 am »
What made you decide on Encores?  What finish did you select?

I auditioned the SS 8’s and the Exotica 3’s at Jim’s and regret not splurging for the E 3’s he took on the show circuit, even though they were over my budget. While I was in analysis paralysis, he launched the Song 3’s, which had me thinking of a return trip to his shop. Then when he launched the Song 3 Encores and after all the reviews I read about them, I gambled and placed my order for them without the audition.
I really wanted the bass punch that the Satori 9.5 delivers, which it does, hands down. Fantastic sounding and very budget friendly to boot.

While I marvel in awe at some of the incredible veneers that people choose, I’m one to admire the beauty of simple straight grained wood.
I went with straight grained Walnut, dyed orange. The pics don’t do them justice, but to my eyes,  they’re like a Harden dining room table or a Kittenger desk. Simple, Classic and will never go out of style or will I ever get tired of looking at.

It’s an understated value of Jim and his team’s work, I just love to look at them and polishing them is a joy.

I think the speaker would be more popular in my opinion if the Eton mid didn’t look visually smaller than the tweeter above it, I actually emailed Jim about pulling it and spray painting the outer metal ring silver to visually increase the appearance of its size. I haven’t gotten around to this yet, but will someday.

I predict you will be very happy with your decision...

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #32 on: 1 Apr 2021, 01:10 pm »
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this post. Like you, I really want the bass punch.  My new home has 12 foot ceilings and I want room filling sound and bass I can feel (for when I am in that kind of mood).  I was pretty sure I knew what I wanted when I ordered.  bamboo with a black baffle.  Now I am thinking silver/gray dyes and either a black or gray baffle.  However, again, like you.  I like things simple and classic.  timeless which brings me back to oak or walnut.   

I auditioned the SS 8’s and the Exotica 3’s at Jim’s and regret not splurging for the E 3’s he took on the show circuit, even though they were over my budget. While I was in analysis paralysis, he launched the Song 3’s, which had me thinking of a return trip to his shop. Then when he launched the Song 3 Encores and after all the reviews I read about them, I gambled and placed my order for them without the audition.
I really wanted the bass punch that the Satori 9.5 delivers, which it does, hands down. Fantastic sounding and very budget friendly to boot.

While I marvel in awe at some of the incredible veneers that people choose, I’m one to admire the beauty of simple straight grained wood.
I went with straight grained Walnut, dyed orange. The pics don’t do them justice, but to my eyes,  they’re like a Harden dining room table or a Kittenger desk. Simple, Classic and will never go out of style or will I ever get tired of looking at.

It’s an understated value of Jim and his team’s work, I just love to look at them and polishing them is a joy.

I think the speaker would be more popular in my opinion if the Eton mid didn’t look visually smaller than the tweeter above it, I actually emailed Jim about pulling it and spray painting the outer metal ring silver to visually increase the appearance of its size. I haven’t gotten around to this yet, but will someday.

kingcrowing

« Reply #33 on: 1 Apr 2021, 03:59 pm »
Those encores are beautiful!

I'm planning to make an order in the next few weeks - I'm looking for a 3.0/3.1 channel for my modest townhome with the idea that this setup will work in a larger dedicated Home Theater room in my next home down the line.

I'm currently debating between Supercharged SongTowers & SongCenter along with a Rythmik 12, or going with a pair of Song3 BeATs and seeing if Jim can make a matching 2-way center that's a similar size to the SongCenter (the 3-way centers at 12-14" tall just won't fit), and then adding subs when I have a bigger space.

Anyone have any thoughts on that? I don't watch too many action type movies that would really benefit from a sub, but I listen to a lot of rock (Phish, The Dead, King Gizzard, Pink Floyd, Radiohead) that I think may be perfect with just the BeATs...

JDoyle

« Reply #34 on: 1 Apr 2021, 04:58 pm »
Thanks for the compliment, again I was after the look of finely crafted furniture with my selection.

I’m replying again to clarify something... by Bass Punch, I’m not implying that the Bass is artificially boomy. 
It’s very realistic and if it’s in the track, you’ll hear it beautifully.  On the Salk demo disk that is included in the purchase, one track comes to mind:
Lyle Lovett’s “She’s already made up her mind”

Now when you think of Bass, Mr. Lovett’s name probably doesn’t come to mind. But it’s wonderful on that track and the 9.5 Satori handles it beautifully.
I’m into Jazz these days, but with the likes of Snarky Puppy and GoGo Penguin, the Encores really deliver on acoustic and electric bass.

If you got these for your HT Setup, they’ll deliver without a sub, but I’m not implying that you’ll get all the LFE effects from a given movie without one... but an 8” might be all you need unless you want to rattle the dishes.

kingcrowing

« Reply #35 on: 1 Apr 2021, 06:28 pm »
Fantastic, thanks for the input! At this point I don't need "dish rattling" LFE, I don't think my neighbors would appreciate it! But once I have a dedicated home theater I may, and I can certainly add a sub (or two!) as needed in the future!

whopnyc

« Reply #36 on: 1 Apr 2021, 08:17 pm »

What electronics do you use? I have a pair of Encore 9.5s (I think that's what they're called) and am looking at a few other options besides my Ayre and Odyssey amps.

JDoyle

« Reply #37 on: 1 Apr 2021, 08:57 pm »
What electronics do you use? I have a pair of Encore 9.5s (I think that's what they're called) and am looking at a few other options besides my Ayre and Odyssey amps.

Nothing really exotic, but everything works well with each other
A Pio Elite 7.1 Receiver
Oppo CD/DVD player
Salkstreamer
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Benchmark HPA4 line amp
Benchmark AHB2 Amp
Blue jeans and Benchmark cables.

whopnyc

« Reply #38 on: 1 Apr 2021, 11:44 pm »
Thanks, JDoyle. Who needs exotic when you can have a great setup like you've put together?  Enjoy!

JDoyle

« Reply #39 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:44 am »
Thanks, JDoyle. Who needs exotic when you can have a great setup like you've put together?  Enjoy!

Thanks... one last thing to mention. Yes, problems with gear can (and did) happen. With both Salk and Benchmark, I needed some problems addressed.
With Salk, I got Jim on the phone (he actually answers the phone!) My Salkstreamer board was off to Pontiac and it got some new Linux updates installed and was fixed.
Same thing with Benchmark, after some emails, my DAC was off to Syracuse, but when they couldn’t replicate the problem, they still installed a new board.
IMHO, this is priceless and virtually non existent in today’s world...

I’m extremely happy with my system as it stands today and I’ll be enjoying it for many years to come.