Question regarding Remote

Oborous

« on: 18 Jan 2005, 04:46 pm »
Hiya,

Kinda sucks without a website.  Darn attacks.

Anyways, the question.  I seem to remember that the remote from the remote option does have a mute button, but no functionality has been setup.  

Is there any possibility of a mute function being added to the remote, maybe a relay switch?

Also, although I'm still noob, I think I'm leaning to the long (balanced) interconnect, short speaker wire's camp.  Plus mono-blocks just make sense.  Is there any way to have just a IR reciever somewhere, and then run a connector to an integrated mono-block amp with the remote signal?

Thanks

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2005, 09:22 pm »
Hello!

I am working on the website - should be back online soon. Just transfering the domain name today.

Most rev's of the remote board has several outputs that can be run to relays. These were basically designed to interface to the NOH input selector boards but cab be used if needed by others. There have been only a couple folks use them. This is because unless you design a relay board with a ribbon header on it it gets rather messy to wire it all up - point to point wiring for the relay signals is no so clean... Most projects use an input selector or toggle.

There is one relay output that toggles on a button press. This can be used for mute in some projects like the one you describe. One relay like that would not be too bad at all to wire up the signal for.

As for the mono blocks it is possible to put the dact attenuators in each mono and run 2 remote boards for them. There can be issues with tracking - eventually they will get out of sync one way or the other! Not as bad an issue as you might think though since simply turning the levels right down will put them back in sync. If you wanted to do that please call so we can discuss other details.

Thanks!

John