A must try free demo!

Danny Richie

Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #60 on: 2 Nov 2009, 07:16 pm »
I have more Majik Busses that I can send out on the free demo offer again. I even have a couple of Uber Busses.  :thumb:

EDS_

« Reply #61 on: 2 Nov 2009, 08:17 pm »
I have more Majik Busses that I can send out on the free demo offer again. I even have a couple of Uber Busses.  :thumb:

Hey Danny,

Can I get in line for a demo/trial the next time a unit is close to DFW/Plano?

Danny Richie

« Reply #62 on: 2 Nov 2009, 08:46 pm »
EDS,

I have them in stock to send out. You are only a couple of hours drive away from me. I can have you one anytime.

Jon Liu

« Reply #63 on: 2 Nov 2009, 10:39 pm »
D'oh!  Uber?!  After I just got the Magik... dang.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #64 on: 2 Nov 2009, 10:55 pm »
D'oh!  Uber?!  After I just got the Magik... dang.

Hey, for the $12 return shipping, I'd recommend to get with Danny for a Uber demo after you've had a "Majik" taste. You'll never look back,,,,, and chances are you won't be returning the UberBuss either.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

Jon Liu

« Reply #65 on: 2 Nov 2009, 11:12 pm »
Well, I just finalized the purchase of the "Majik" over the weekend with Danny, so I guess it's too late anyway...

I originally inquired to see if he had any Uber's for demo, but nearly a month ago he didn't.

Regardless, the Majik Buss is really something special!!

Danny Richie

« Reply #66 on: 2 Nov 2009, 11:37 pm »
I just got in the Uber's.

But hey, if you want to return a Majik Buss for an Uber then just send it back and I'll only charge you the difference and the shipping.

Jon Liu

« Reply #67 on: 2 Nov 2009, 11:53 pm »
Danny, I really appreciate the offer!  I saw that you just got them in just now.   I'll think about it and email you if I do decide to go forward with it!

Thanks again for offering such a great product for trial!!

EDS_

« Reply #68 on: 2 Nov 2009, 11:57 pm »
EDS,

I have them in stock to send out. You are only a couple of hours drive away from me. I can have you one anytime.

Tell me how to arrange the exchange, sounds a little covert!  I'm quite interested.  Later I'll pm you my phone etc.

I think the Majik Bus is $595.......how much is the Uberbus?

Danny Richie

« Reply #69 on: 3 Nov 2009, 12:09 am »
Easy:

I need you to e-mail me you name, mailing address, and phone number. You then have to give me a call with credit card info needed for securing it and for the cost of shipping it to you. Shipping cost is about $12 (in your case) to about $18. Nothing else gets charged to your card unless I never see it again, or you call and let me know that it is too good to send back.

I even send it with a really good Electra Cable power cable so you can plug it in and start using it right away.

If you keep the Majik Buss and the Electra Cable PC I even knock off $100 from the total.

If it doesn't do it for you or for some reason can't afford to keep it right now (common) then just send it back to me. No strings attached.

Oh yeah, the Majik Buss is $595. The Uber Buss is $995.

Jon Liu

« Reply #70 on: 3 Nov 2009, 05:39 am »
I just love how easy everything is.  Danny says it is "Easy" and it truly is!

You're not obligated to keep it because the only thing that has been charged to your card is shipping costs, which as Danny quoted is VERY reasonable.  Even if you end up sending it back, all you are really out is up to $36 for the shipping round trip!

I'm glad I took Danny up on this demo, it was well worth it!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #71 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:17 am »
On Satfrat's recommendation, I contacted Danny and took him up on his demo offer to try a Majik Buss. It was easy to do and Danny was a pleasure to work with. Before I post my impressions of what the Majik Buss did for my system, I'll tell you that I bought it and the Electra Cable power cord. After listening with the Majik Buss in my power distribution system, I wasn't going to let it go.

I plugged the MB into my dedicated circuit using the Electra Cable power cord Danny included. I plugged my ModWright KWA 150 amp into the MB and also plugged my Power Plant Premier regenerator into the MB. My pre amp/phono stage and all source equipment are plugged into the PPP. I put a CD on repeat last night and went to bed.

This morning I turned the volume up on Van Morrison's Browned-eyed Girl and was amazed at how clear and defined the bass was. There seemed to be more detail throughout the frequency range and the background was very quiet. I looked at the read outs on the PPP and the TDH% was 0.2%. I went into the kitchen to make coffee and fix breakfast and swore I was hearing notes I had not heard before and I have listened to Brown-eyed Girl a zillion times. The bass run at the beginning was emotionally engaging without any smearing.

After church I listened to Eric Claptan's Pilgrim CD. The bass slam on My Father's Eyes was fantastic and the cymbals were clean and defined. I am very familiar with this song--it is one of my reference recordings for speaker placement and auditioning new equipment. It had never sounded cleaner or better.

I was in my kitchen making a home made barbeque sauce and listening to The Decemberists The Hazards of Love, when I dropped everything I was doing and walked back into my listening room--being drawn in by the music. The Wanting Comes in Waves was playing and I got lost in the song. Damn, it sounded live. Next, I listened to Chicago Transit Authority and the piano on Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is, and the percussion and horns on Beginnings sounded so real and fresh. There is definitely more clarity and detail which I suspect is because the noise floor has been reduced and the background is quieter.

My initial impressions are that the MB really works to lower your noise floor and reduce the grunge in the electrical power going to the equipment. And it really hasn't had time to fully burn in. Before I bought the PPP, I had a Monster HTS-7000 and it was pretty good, but the PPP is better, especially given the voltage variance in the power coming into my house. The regenerator and the filter in the PPP gives me clean power for the source equipment and the pre amp/phono stage, but the amp performed better plugged directly into the dedicated circuit. There is no question that the Majik Buss has improved the sound coming from the amp. I also heard an improvement in the noise floor when I plugged the PPP into the Majik Buss. My system is producing music from the quietest background I have ever heard (or not heard). And some of you are probably going to tell me it will get better after the unit is fully broken in. :)

His demo for the shipping cost offer is a great deal. I'm not sure I would have tried it if I would have had to pay for it up front. But now I am glad I have a Majik Buss in my power distribution chain.

Many thanks to Satfrat for recommending the Majik Buss :beer:

Laura

« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2010, 04:53 pm by vinyl_lady »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:49 pm »
Laura,

Glad you're happy.  I did the same with the UberBuss and have very similar results.  Now you need to try an Uber....

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #73 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:20 pm »
My system is producing music from the quietest background I have ever heard (or not heard ). And some of you are probably going to tell me it will get better after the unit is fully broken in. :)

His demo for the shipping cost offer is a great deal. I'm not sure I would have tried it if I would have had to pay for it up front. But now I am glad I have a Majik Buss in my power distribution chain.

Many thanks to Satfrat for recommending the Majik Buss :beer:

Laura
Laura, I'm glad that you like the MajikBUSS.  It is these comments that really make my day. 

Enjoy!!!

:green:

Dave

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #74 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:29 pm »
Laura,

Glad you're happy.  I did the same with the UberBuss and have very similar results.  Now you need to try an Uber....

+1

I like the combination of my Uber Buss feeding a Furman Reference IT 20i Balanced Power Conditioner.

George
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2010, 04:43 pm by zybar »

Danny Richie

« Reply #75 on: 11 Jan 2010, 04:35 pm »
Thanks for posting your feedback Laura. I really appreciate that.

tennispro

« Reply #76 on: 13 Jan 2010, 01:24 pm »
Danny, I have a silly question. My system is very simple and I have two dedicated outlets feeding my system. It sounds like I would plug my power strip ( tv, processor, DVD, sub }into the MB and then plug my amps into the MB as well. Should I consider a Majick Buss before getting a power conditioner(or is this a power conditioner)?

Also what is cost of the power cord you have been recommending with the MB?

Thanks,
Tennispro

Danny Richie

« Reply #77 on: 13 Jan 2010, 02:59 pm »
Well, for starters, I'd get rid of the power strip.

The sub isn't going to be as noticeable as the other stuff, but plugging in the tv, processor, DVD, will give you better picture quality.

Think of the Majik Buss as a noise rejection filter.

The power cable that I send out with it is a 4 foot, B-7, Electra Cable: http://www.electracable.com/powercables.htm

If you keep both the cable and the Majik Buss then I discount them by $100.

If you'd like, I will send you two of them. That way you can put one on your video system and one in the audio system. Then if you keep both sets, I'll throw in another $100 discount. That's $300 off for keeping two Majik Buss's and two power cables.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #78 on: 13 Jan 2010, 03:12 pm »
or just get an UberBuss and be done. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #79 on: 13 Jan 2010, 03:45 pm »
I think he needs to plug in more than 4 things though.