A must try free demo!

Danny Richie

A must try free demo!
« on: 11 May 2009, 02:32 pm »
I am serious about this guys. All you have to do is cover the shipping cost and I send it out for you to try, free of charge.

Visit this thread to see the details in the Majik Buss: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=67931.0

You have nothing to loose but a bunch of noise that is on you AC line.

Contact me quick to get one sent out to you. I don't have a lot of them.

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2009, 02:35 pm »
Do they make a 240V version?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stereodude

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2009, 02:44 pm »
Are we allowed to open it up and see what's inside?  :icon_twisted:

REY

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2009, 03:02 pm »
you got a pm!

srclose

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2009, 03:59 pm »
Count me in.  PM

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2009, 06:15 pm »
Hey, I still have some of these to send out. If you are trying one out (for free) then you are really missing out.

Dan_ed

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2009, 07:25 pm »
I'll give one a try.

I owe you an update on the OB-7 Plus now that they are in their new home. We had a round of flu so I'm a week or two behind. ;-) In short, they are awesome! No problems filling that very large volume, even with the subs just barely firing.  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2009, 07:44 pm »
For you guys wanting to give it a try...

Please e-mail me all your info to: info@gr-research.com

Then call me with your CC info for securing it and for covering the shipping.

JakeJ

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2009, 07:57 pm »
Email sent!

Regards,
JakeJ

Dan_ed

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2009, 11:41 am »
Danny, I'll give you a call this morning.

Thx!

Oh, PM sent.

Dan_ed

« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2009, 11:24 pm »
Hi Danny,

I know you had to run, but I didn't get to say thanks for returning my call.

So, Thanks!  :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jun 2009, 09:27 pm »
I just got in another batch of these and after sending a small group of them out, I have a couple left that I can get out for demo.

JakeJ

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2009, 02:04 am »
You have a PM.

JakeJ

Phil

« Reply #13 on: 4 Jun 2009, 03:21 am »
What are the dimensions?  I couldn't find this info anywhere.  Just asking since my space is very limited.  Thanks.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: 4 Jun 2009, 04:47 am »
What are the dimensions?  I couldn't find this info anywhere.  Just asking since my space is very limited.  Thanks.

Phil,

Sorry abou the lack of dimensions on the website... my bad.  They are: 5.25" X 5.25" X 11.25".

I'm correcting the site.

Dave

Dan_ed

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jun 2009, 01:00 pm »
Hi Dave,

The wife and I are enjoying the Majik Buss demo. Still in the HT at present. I should be getting it into the 2 ch system next week.

I have two questions for you.

1) Is is possible to build a Majik Buss with more ports, say 6 in total?

2) Would/is there any advantage to using the 20 amp version in a 15 amp ckt?

Thx,
Dan

Dan_ed

« Reply #16 on: 5 Jun 2009, 11:58 am »
bump

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: 5 Jun 2009, 03:22 pm »
Hi Dave,

The wife and I are enjoying the Majik Buss demo. Still in the HT at present. I should be getting it into the 2 ch system next week.

I have two questions for you.

1) Is is possible to build a Majik Buss with more ports, say 6 in total?

2) Would/is there any advantage to using the 20 amp version in a 15 amp ckt?

Thx,
Dan

Hi, Dan.  I appreciate the fact that you said "enjoying".  Things like that make my day.  :D

I can build units with more outlets.  They would be custom units and would not use the nifty Leviton quad that is on the BUSS.  I looked for quite a while to find that one.  I like it better than the Hubbell quad and is more economical which helps keep the cost down.  That is one of the reasons that the BUSS is packaged the way it is.  I went for performance and not beauty... but then black is beautiful.  I love black cars... in the winter and freshly washed, that is. 

I need more coffee.......................

Something that you should try for more outlets is this unit:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100356841

They work quite well and have the heaviest blades of any that I have found and the connector finger pressure is high.

Please contact me by PM if you want to discuss a custom build.

15A vs 20A - the internals are the same.  The difference is the IEC C20 chassis plug > They are much heavier duty and I actually prefer them over any other chassis connector.  If you want a Majik Buss with that connector, all you have to do  is request that style connector.

This brings me to the UberBUSS.  It will be released in about a month.  It has a C20 plug as standard.  It is also a very different unit and will be considerably more expensive at $995.00 (tentative pricing).  It is a Majik BUSS on steroids... more to come on this as I get reports back for the Beta units.

If you have any more questions just let me know.

Dave
« Last Edit: 5 Jun 2009, 05:48 pm by dBe »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #18 on: 7 Jun 2009, 02:12 pm »

Something that you should try for more outlets is this unit:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100356841

They work quite well and have the heaviest blades of any that I have found and the connector finger pressure is high.

Please contact me by PM if you want to discuss a custom build.

15A vs 20A - the internals are the same.  The difference is the IEC C20 chassis plug > They are much heavier duty and I actually prefer them over any other chassis connector.  If you want a Majik Buss with that connector, all you have to do  is request that style connector.

This brings me to the UberBUSS.  It will be released in about a month.  It has a C20 plug as standard.  It is also a very different unit and will be considerably more expensive at $995.00 (tentative pricing).  It is a Majik BUSS on steroids... more to come on this as I get reports back for the Beta units.

If you have any more questions just let me know.

Dave

Dave, your Home Depot link isn't working for me, says it's not available is that store and to select another store? :scratch:

Question, can the UberBUSS be made with a 15A IEC for those who want to use an already owned 15a IEC power cord? Also with the UberBUSS only have 4 outlets or will more be added? Thanks. :D

Cheers,
Robin

Nick77

« Reply #19 on: 7 Jun 2009, 02:53 pm »

Dave, your Home Depot link isn't working for me, says it's not available is that store and to select another store?