Mono Extremes in red

Randy

Mono Extremes in red
« on: 4 Sep 2003, 11:36 pm »
I can't understand how these amps can be sold for roughly $2500 per pair.  Mine are in "burgandy" which is really a dark red and an exact match for my Roman Audio Centurian speakers finished in what that company calls "Jag Red."  (I think they use a red paint used on Jaguars.)  Whatever, the effect of the wonderful red Odyssey amps sitting on Vera Star charcoal granite amp stands next to the red Roman speakers is stunning. (I told Klaus it might be too much of a good thing, but I now love the visual combination.)  These speakers are two-way crossover-less speakers that are extremely coherent.  I didn't realize just how great a speaker they are until the Odysseys arrived.  I have mated the amps with a BV-Audio preamp which is utterly transparent.  Anyway, I am finally in audio heaven, but now how am I going to get any work done at home?  I just sit and listen.  The Odysseys were the final piece in a several year upgrade effort that took as its starting point Dunlavy IVs and a Classe CA-200.  I first went to a Musical Fidelity CR3 which literally blew the Classe out of the water, and now the Odysseys have done the same thing to the Musical Fidelity, and I am finished.  Amazing amplifiers.  Thank you, Klaus.

Sa-dono

Mono Extremes in red
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2003, 05:16 am »
Any pictures? :D

Randy

Mono Extremes in red
« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2003, 10:06 pm »
Quote from: Sa-dono
Any pictures? :D

Sorry, no.  I am digitally challenged, I'm afraid.