The Mysterious "BLACK BOX" - Details & Facts

JakeJ

Re: The Mysterious "BLACK BOX" - Details & Facts
« Reply #120 on: 6 Oct 2009, 04:56 pm »
Outstanding news, Bob.  Good to see someone digging their way out of a bad spot during this difficult juncture in the current state of affairs.  Keep up the good (and I'm sure hard) work.

Best Regards,
JakeJ 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #121 on: 6 Oct 2009, 05:47 pm »
Bob,

When Aether site is on line, post it in the Press Release circle in the Industry Talk and Events section.  That's what that circle is for. 

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #122 on: 7 Oct 2009, 04:22 pm »
Friends,

At this time we would like to announce that a new relationship between myself/Aether Audio and NuForce has now been consummated.

Early on after the first prototypes of the Black Box were developed and user feedback received, it quickly became obvious to me that Black Box technology offered great potential for adaptation to versions accessible to the mass market.  Due to a good relationship developed as a result of our previous projects together, I immediately turned to my good friends Jason Lim and Casey Ng of NuForce.  With their award-winning track record, they have proven themselves time and again to be a company devoted to bringing solid technologies and high-value products to the marketplace at extremely affordable prices.

Similarly, Aether Audio is committed to developing advanced, innovative solutions to the many problems that have heretofore plagued the art and science of audio reproduction.  Our mission is not only pursuing "perfection," but unlike many other high-end companies, to do so in the form of technologies that are scalable such that they can be applied to all market categories and price-points.

Together, NuForce and Aether Audio are committed to serving all market sectors by providing technological solutions that meet the needs of every consumer, regardless of their economic means.  To be sure, be watching for new, innovative products being offered by both companies in the weeks, months and years to come.

In the mean time Aether Audio is now offering its own versions of the Black Box in forms that are targeted towards the devout high-end enthusiast.  As such, we are no longer offering them with the same construction and price structure of the past.  To be succinct, all former pricing is now "null and void."  From this point forward we suggest that all parties interested in purchasing them in the price range as originally offered to contact NuForce and/or their dealers.  NuForce is now offering a version they are calling the 'Magic Cube" and it provides the exact same technology as we have heretofore offered in a very attractive and flexible format.

In fact, NuForce is able to offer their version with a level of "fit and finish" that only a company of their means is able to provide.  We assure you that their version offers the exact same performance as units we have previously delivered and in no way represent any form of compromise.  In fact, this was one of our requirements for making the technology available to them, even though we already knew it would never be an issue.  To be specific, I personally designed the internal structures of their units so as to be sure that inferior performance of any kind would never be an issue

For those that might be interested in units of a more "premium" nature, Aether Audio is now offering the Black Box in numerous configurations that can custom designed to meet your exacting requirements.  All versions are constructed using Mundorf Silver-Gold internal wiring and are available with several Cardas binding post options.  They can also be fitted with other custom binding posts of your choice upon special request.  Several versions are also available that offer a selector switch that allows them to be adjusted for the specific system with which they are being used.  Finally, mounting brackets are also available for semi-permanently attaching them to a hard surface, such as the back of your loudspeakers or wall mounting.  All options including drawings and associated pricing will be available on the new Aether Audio website once it is posted, which will be any day now.  In the mean time, feel free to contact us at aetheraudio@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Finally, we would like to thank all of our customers and many friends over the years that have so enthusiastically supported our efforts along the way.  Were it not for you, none of this would be possible now.  Together, Aether Audio and NuForce look forward to serving you for many years to come.  :D

Sincerely,
Bob Smith
Aether Audio/NuForce

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #123 on: 8 Oct 2009, 12:25 am »
So I'm rewiring 4 Dynaco A25XLs I've had for years just sitting around so I can give a good deal to a friend of mine, and I put them in the main system to make sure they work, and HOLY CRAP!!!  these things sound FREAKIN' AWESOME! While I'm sure the Bryston BDA-1 and AV123 X-Amps have something to do with it, the BBs are giving some soundstage that the A25XLs have never had. Just amazing how good these 40 year old speakers sound with a modern front end. Now if I only had those EPI 100s again...... 

jwes

« Reply #124 on: 8 Oct 2009, 02:25 pm »
I've scanned this long thread, but I'm sure I've missed it in some of the long entries - anyway, will Aether Audio also be making the SP Tech speakers?  Will they support SP Tech speakers if I buy used?

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #125 on: 8 Oct 2009, 05:21 pm »
jwes,

"Yes"... to both questions.  Aether Audio will not only gladly support all loudspeaker systems in the field previously delivered under that SP Technology name, but we welcome any request for possible upgrades that one may be interested in as well.

We are also well underway in our loudspeaker production, and in fact, never really stopped.  All that has really changed is the name under which products are being produced.  Well, that and some basic operating principles along with the fact that we have new enclosure finishing options that lower the entry level cost of all models sans the Timepiece Mini.

Thanks for asking and be watching for the new Aether Audio website, as it will have tons of info for your review.

Take care, :D
-Bob

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #126 on: 12 Oct 2009, 04:23 pm »
Friends,

I would like to announce that the new Aether Audio website is online and can be found here: www.aetheraudio.com

Please bear with us as the site is not fully complete yet, but most of the important stuff is there and rest assured it won't be long before it's all finished up.

Thanks for your continued interest and we wish you all the best!  :D

Take care,
-Bob

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: 12 Oct 2009, 04:26 pm »
see bold typo

This is your new source for innovative products from Robert A."Bob" Smith, the original designer of the former entire line of SP Technology Loudspeaker's products.

Bob is now applying his energies to bring about further solutions to the many other shortcomings plaguing high-accuracy/high-resolution audio systems. The technologies incorporated in the Black Box are the first progeny of these efforts and are not of a trivial nature, to be sure. In fact, the proprietary "Smith Cell" component comprising the "heart" of the Black Box holds potential for improved signal transmission in many other fields of technology. Tinme will tell, but in the mean time please refer to the Theory link above for further information on this new and innovative development.

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #128 on: 12 Oct 2009, 05:25 pm »
jtwrace,

Thanks & yeah... there are more than that one.  I've already found a few others so I'll be spending some time over the next week or so tweaking things.  Worse than that for now, the site is really screwed up on Firefox too.  That's not my department though so we'll be working on it all for probably the better part of 2 weeks.

Thanks,
-Bob

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #129 on: 12 Oct 2009, 06:05 pm »
jtwrace,

Thanks & yeah... there are more than that one.  I've already found a few others so I'll be spending some time over the next week or so tweaking things.  Worse than that for now, the site is really screwed up on Firefox too.  That's not my department though so we'll be working on it all for probably the better part of 2 weeks.

Thanks,
-Bob

OK.  Just trying to help...not trying to be an a$$

ctviggen

« Reply #130 on: 12 Oct 2009, 07:44 pm »
Bob,
There are a few recommendations I have for you though.

1. Applying for a patent seems a bit silly in this day and age. People are putting patents on some of the DUMBEST things, and they don't really seem to benefit anybody except the lawyers who processed them (blood suckers for the most part). Look into getting a copyright or trademark, these seem a bit more tangible and may even be more affordable in some cases.

As a patent attorney, I take umbrage with being called a "blood sucker".  Copyrights only protect expression and would protect little to nothing in this device.   I also cannot see how a trademark, which associates a good with a producer, is of much use here, if what one wants to do is to protect someone from copying the good.  As long as a copier copies the good but not the trade dress (if there is such trade dress) or holds the good out as belonging from this supplier, then they are free to copy the device.

The only thing that protects copying the actual device is a patent. 

JohnR

« Reply #131 on: 13 Oct 2009, 09:42 am »
Friends,

I would like to announce that the new Aether Audio website is online and can be found here: www.aetheraudio.com

Please bear with us as the site is not fully complete yet, but most of the important stuff is there and rest assured it won't be long before it's all finished up.

Thanks for your continued interest and we wish you all the best!  :D

Take care,
-Bob

Bob - please use the "Prune Messages" link on the left hand side of the PM page to clear out some space in your Inbox.

JohnR

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #132 on: 13 Oct 2009, 02:10 pm »
JohnR,

Bob - please use the "Prune Messages" link on the left hand side of the PM page to clear out some space in your Inbox.

Done.  :wink:

-Bob

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #133 on: 13 Oct 2009, 02:46 pm »
Welcome back Bob!! Love the new website.