Arrival of Revelation MR-1 Mk III's with Ultimate Mundorf external crossovers

Geardaddy

Ted and Pat, given your findings, it is a moral imperative to somehow get SP Tech represented at our "speaker showcase."  Bob at SP Tech is just swamped right now with orders and other projects.  Maybe we can find a dealer in the Chicago area since that is where the event seems to be heading in terms a venue.  Anyway, let's make this happen.  Bravo to you bunch on your findings and happy listening....

Double Ugly

Maybe we can find a dealer in the Chicago area since that is where the event seems to be heading in terms a venue.

There was a dealer near Chicago, but he dropped the line a couple of years ago.

You're probably out of luck, especially with regards to finding a current pair (i.e., with a Mundorf-based crossover).  Bob was your best bet, but the recent spike in orders and resulting workload make it impossible at this time.

Geardaddy

Double Ugly, I did speak with that dealer earlier this am.  He was still listed on SP website.  I also spoke with Bob and he reconfirmed how swamped they are. :cry:  We will have to rely on an inspired end-user to make it happen at this juncture.  The event is looking like it will take place the second week in May so there is a little time.  I am currently researching other options such Emerald Physics and a few others.  It would be interesting to have a planar speaker represented....

KCI-JohnP

Were these Newforce amps the most recent model? SE? Starting to hear alot about these babies, would like to give them a spin sometime.
Thanks for all the interesting reading and I'm glad you guys dug the Silkworms! :thumb:

Regards,
John

Rx8man

Hi John,

Yes, they were my Ref 9 SE V2's (on loan) they grabbed Ted's big SP Tech Revs and played them around like a rag doll. :whip:

A comment about the control factor and synergy was mentioned by Ted's friend Robert during the first intermission.

I honestly could not tell they were in the system, it didn't even matter !

We were so immersed with the tidal-wave of sound, who cares ?  aa

KCI-JohnP

Rx8man,
Ahh so they were the newest version, have heard they are quite a step up from previous versions. So no "digititus" sound at all?

John

Rx8man

John,

No digititus at all, though your front-end (Trans, Dac, Pre) will be the determining factor what you'll hear downstream.

There's really no "sound" of their own, they dissapear into the system in a way I never heard any amp(s) do.

I gave up trying to pick them apart, turned out to be useless.