HT3 on a'gon

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system

mbakes

Re: HT3 on a'gon
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2009, 01:00 am »
I was hoping this would stay hidden for a bit.:)  I'm hoping to be the lucky buyer by tomorrow.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2009, 01:02 am »
I was hoping this would stay hidden for a bit.:)  I'm hoping to be the lucky buyer by tomorrow.

Good luck.  Great price for beautiful speakers.

mbakes

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2009, 01:04 am »

Good luck.  Great price for beautiful speakers.
Thanks.  My goal was to buy either the HT2 or HT3 by the end of the year then these pop up. I'm scrambling to sell some gear to make the purchase easier.  One piece to go.

funkmonkey

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2009, 06:23 am »
Good luck mbakes.  The HT3s are great speakers you'll love 'em.

...and that's a great price!

floresjc

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2009, 02:00 pm »
I'm sorry mbakes, I bought them already. I had planned on HT2-TL's, but since I could get HT3's (custom to boot in one of my fav veneers) for the same price, I bit. I suppose I had an unfair advantage though, I been on shift for the last 19 hours here in Afghanistan, so I probly caught it while the states were sleeping.

mbakes

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2009, 02:07 pm »
I'm sorry mbakes, I bought them already. I had planned on HT2-TL's, but since I could get HT3's (custom to boot in one of my fav veneers) for the same price, I bit. I suppose I had an unfair advantage though, I been on shift for the last 19 hours here in Afghanistan, so I probly caught it while the states were sleeping.
First, I would gladly give up the deal to you since you are serving in Afghanistan.  Second, I was jumping through too many hoops to make it happen.  So no problem here.  I have an excellent pair of speakers at the moment but after 1 1/2 years thought it was time to try something different.  Enjoy!

Srgtfury

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jun 2009, 02:57 pm »

I was trying to resurrect my Audiogon account, after moving-new email address, etc.. Seems your current location had one advantage, anyway-keep it going and back safely.

Thank you very much

Fury

Nuance

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2009, 07:26 pm »
Congrats, floresjc!

floresjc

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jun 2009, 02:28 am »
Thanks guys! I had wanted this exact speaker about 4 years ago, but I was not in a position to buy (newly wed, college debt). I'm very excited to get a crack at these HT3's, its my first set of Salks. As I told the seller, I was only few days away from paying down the HT2-TL's, but I'm switching fire over to a SongTower home theater with a Salk Rythmik sub.

funkmonkey

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jun 2009, 03:19 am »
 :thumb:  congrats.  Nice switch  8), and great price...  on top of it all you like the veneer!

Cheers