Carl's aluminum HT3 home theater

BluePenguin15

Re: Carl's aluminum HT3 home theater
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jun 2009, 02:52 am »
Those look fantastic!  I never would have thought of an aluminum pair of speakers, but now that I've seen them I think it's a great idea.

Enjoy, Carl!   :thumb:

Hey Brandon,

After reading your post you linked to in your signature was part of the reason I chose to go with Salk speakers. Thanks!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2009, 07:50 am »

Sweet work Jim & crew, as usual. Stunning HT setup Carl. Am sure you'll enjoy as much acoustically as visually. Happy listening  :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2009, 07:28 pm »
Those look fantastic!  I never would have thought of an aluminum pair of speakers, but now that I've seen them I think it's a great idea.

Hey Brandon,

After reading your post you linked to in your signature was part of the reason I chose to go with Salk speakers. Thanks!
Cool deal.  I am happy to have helped, albeit a small contribution. 

So when are they due to arrive, or have they already?  I want to get your impressions!  :)

BluePenguin15

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2009, 08:13 pm »

Hey Brandon,

Cool deal.  I am happy to have helped, albeit a small contribution. 

So when are they due to arrive, or have they already?  I want to get your impressions!  :)

Im impatiently waiting to hear from Jim the final shipping info. They're supposed to be packed and ready to go today.

I ordered the Outlaw 990 and 7500 amp to power them and they will be here Thursday.

Ill keep you updated!

Nuance

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jun 2009, 10:06 pm »
Very cool!  And you've got a very nice front end to power them too. 

If they ship today or tomorrow, depending on where you live I'd say you'll have them for the weekend.  Exciting!!!!

BluePenguin15

« Reply #25 on: 28 Jun 2009, 01:03 am »
I got the speakers yesterday and they are amazing! They look better in person than in the pics. I really love them and the finish is so perfect I can't believe it. I admit I hate audio stores so I haven't seen lots of high end speakers in my life, but the craftmanship and quality appearance of the Salks is way better than the $60,000 wilson speakers I was looking at in the local audio store yesterday.

Unfortunately my processor was damaged and isn't working - all I can get is fm and am (I didnt know radio still existed), and my amp was also damaged in shipping so I haven't been able to listen to them yet  :cry:

I'm not happy with the appearance of the Outlaws and I'm going to send them back and buy the anthem avm50 and probably an anthem amp to go with it.

Philistine

« Reply #26 on: 28 Jun 2009, 01:22 am »
Carl, Congratulations on the HT3's and welcome to the non-veneer HT3 club - they look really cool.
If you're going down the Anthem path you might want to try the P2, I had the P5 (five channel version) a few years ago and it's a very underrated amp.  Very powerful, neutral and musical.
Phil

BluePenguin15

« Reply #27 on: 28 Jun 2009, 02:24 am »
Thanks Phil - I'd have to go for the P5 because I need it for 5 channels. I was looking at the MCA50 amp. Im not sure yet, I'll figure it out by Monday.

At least now I can look at the speakers and dream about what they sound like  :D

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #28 on: 28 Jun 2009, 12:44 pm »
Thanks Phil - I'd have to go for the P5 because I need it for 5 channels. I was looking at the MCA50 amp. Im not sure yet, I'll figure it out by Monday.

At least now I can look at the speakers and dream about what they sound like  :D

A possible alternative (at a much lower cost) is the ATI amps.

I use a 1506 with 5 SongTowers and it does a great job with them.

You can get this amp used for way under $1k.  While it is quite big and heavy, it has been bullet proof over the 2+ years I have owned/used it.

George