HT2-TLs arriving Wednesday. Slow internet beware.

rahimlee54

Re: HT2-TLs arriving Wednesday. Slow internet beware.
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2009, 10:08 pm »
After listening to some more music I am amazed at how well integrated the drivers are on this pair of speakers, they seem seemless.  I cant wait to buy more cds and see what is instore, after I get done with my chores I shall throw in some Norah Jones, should be a good time.  Anyone eles's wife not care how good it sounds?

Jared

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #21 on: 21 May 2009, 10:20 pm »
Have her listen with you, and talk about what you are hearing and what she is hearing.  She probably doesn't know you evaluate sound.

Kokishin

• Cirroc: Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
« Reply #22 on: 21 May 2009, 10:32 pm »
Play some music your wife likes (even if you hate it).

TJHUB

« Reply #23 on: 21 May 2009, 11:18 pm »
After listening to some more music I am amazed at how well integrated the drivers are on this pair of speakers, they seem seemless.  I cant wait to buy more cds and see what is instore, after I get done with my chores I shall throw in some Norah Jones, should be a good time.  Anyone eles's wife not care how good it sounds?

Jared

My wife probably thinks a boombox sounds "the same" as my setup with a pair of HT2-TLs.  She has no clue whatsoever...  :roll:

mathgeek97

« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2009, 12:57 am »
My wife won't care, either.  She's bought the past few sets of speakers, all of which sounded really bad, but were bought because they were iPod/Apple store friendly.  A pair of HT2-TLs will likely be the best speakers she's ever heard.  However, she's already warned me that she won't like them as much as the $150 iPod speakers...  :roll:  I also got my BDP-83 invite from Oppo recently.  Similar problems there.  I complain when I hear anything lossy, let alone 128bps.  "Honey, can I replace a few CDs with SACDs?  Please?"

Bear

« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2009, 12:59 am »
Wow!!!  you may have posted this already.  What are you using to power those pups?

rahimlee54

« Reply #26 on: 22 May 2009, 01:15 am »
I currently have a Pioneer Elite AVR VSX-92TXH, it does a pretty good job.  At reference it is to loud for me to leave it there for to long, but I will eventually be upgrading to a seperate two channel.  Time to let the wife recoup :thumb:, besides I'll be to busy buying music to care about an amp. 

They are good, time to work on toe in and distance from wall.  Something for me to do Monday anyway.

funkmonkey

Re: HT2-TLs arriving Wednesday.
« Reply #27 on: 22 May 2009, 02:47 am »
Did I go image happy?  The wife likes purple and the room is small but it works out for me.

Beautiful.  :thumb: :thumb:  Nice selection of veneer...   :drool:
I like the purple wall, even grew up with a "plum" wall in my parents den, always thought it looked cool (even though I am a little bit color blind  :wink: )

Very glad to hear that you are enjoying the HT2-TLs.  They really seem to be a sweet spot in Jim's line-up, I think that he will be selling a lot of them.

Cheers
-Greg

Nuance

« Reply #28 on: 22 May 2009, 07:37 am »
Wow wow - those are smokin'!   :drool: :drool:

Congrats again, and thanks for the pics. 

OgOgilby

« Reply #29 on: 22 May 2009, 02:29 pm »

Jared

I think women in general are more concerned with the cost than the quality of the sound. My wife isn't into audio, but I managed to get her to sit in the sweet spot and listen to the HT2 TL's for awhile. I playing music she knows (and likes) and slowly turned the volume up to avoided the "it's too loud" comments. I did find that I can enjoy music that I really don't care for with the HT2's - for example, Bette Midler's "One more round" actually sounds pretty darn good with them...

My wife did say the Salk's looked very nice and sounded "much better" than the Rockets we had been using and "understood" my wanting to get the HT2 TL's. I am not sure that she wasn't just telling me what I wanted to hear.

joelmilr

« Reply #30 on: 22 May 2009, 05:46 pm »
Congratulations - they are beautiful speakers. Enjoy!!!
Joel

charmerci

« Reply #31 on: 22 May 2009, 06:28 pm »
Isn't it interesting that women are actually more sensitive to sound than males? And yet here we guys are....

mathgeek97

« Reply #32 on: 22 May 2009, 07:03 pm »
I'm sure there are happy female Salk owners.  They'd just rather listen to music than to hang out in AC!   :D

bahorn1

« Reply #33 on: 23 May 2009, 04:37 am »
Congrats Jared!  Great looking speakers.

--Doug

PMAT

« Reply #34 on: 23 May 2009, 03:06 pm »
Get a grip fellas. The last thing I want is my wife diggin my system so much that she's bumping me out to throw on some Tim Mcgraw, and spankin the volume to ref levels. My play time! My system! My mental sanctuary! Sheeeeesh! Oh yea, she also thought the speakers sounded better if she moved them! So get used to the new spot. Aaaarrrrrgh. Bette Midler my ass.....

rahimlee54

« Reply #35 on: 24 May 2009, 12:15 am »
Get a grip fellas. The last thing I want is my wife diggin my system so much that she's bumping me out to throw on some Tim Mcgraw, and spankin the volume to ref levels. My play time! My system! My mental sanctuary! Sheeeeesh! Oh yea, she also thought the speakers sounded better if she moved them! So get used to the new spot. Aaaarrrrrgh. Bette Midler my ass.....

He may be right :), but I would like for my wife to at least enjoy two songs in a row with me ;).  My brother-in-law brought his girlfriend and IPOD over last night, some rap was played.  The HT2-TLs hit hard  :lol:, really though it was nice to hear the bass, alot of my stuff really lacks low low bass like that.  Then my Aunt, Uncle, and Mom show up and the Jimmy Buffet comes out.  "It's like he is hear in the room."  I then played the Ray Charles/Norah Jones track from Jim's demo disc and they were floored.  So everyone in my house is pleased, cant wait til we are done doing house work here so I can get back to some music.

Jared

scp2

« Reply #36 on: 24 May 2009, 06:04 pm »
Those speakers look awesome....I am trying to make the same decision...want to just say HT2-TL's and forget about it.

What amp are you considering for an upgrade?

rahimlee54

« Reply #37 on: 15 Jun 2009, 03:15 pm »
Those speakers look awesome....I am trying to make the same decision...want to just say HT2-TL's and forget about it.

What amp are you considering for an upgrade?

Currently I dont have anything thing in mind, but the wife is on a furniture craze so it will have to wait.  I got my matching plinths because I wanted matching shoes for my speakers for some reason here is a pic of those, not many people have the veneered plinths.

OgOgilby

« Reply #38 on: 15 Jun 2009, 06:23 pm »
Hmmm... I love the wood on your speakers but IMHO the black plinths would look a bit better. I like the way the speakers seem to hover over the black plinths, but with the wood ones that affect seems to get lost (might be the lighting).

More importantly, are you still happy with the way they sound :wink:

rahimlee54

« Reply #39 on: 15 Jun 2009, 09:20 pm »
When the lights are off I cant tell either way :).  Ya those are for my wife but the are nifty looking.  I just thought I'd throw up matching plinths in case people couldnt find to many pics.  You should like the veneer since it is exactly the same as yours I belive.