ST of the Month/Week/Day

maxkoz

Re: Mexican SongTower guitar burst finish
« Reply #80 on: 20 Dec 2008, 06:07 am »
Max wanted speakers for his home in Mexico City.  He decided on SongTowers in curly cherry, but wanted a deep red/orange color with a dark brown guitar burst fade.  He got a pair of SongTowers and a matching SongCenter with the OW4 upgrade.

Here are the SongTowers...

And here is a close-up...

Happy listening Max!

- Jim

Still not here. Now they tell me I should get them by saturday. ooo this is painfull  :|

They are finally here!!!
I just got home, its 12am and I just unpacked them to take a look.

The only thing I have to say so far is that Jim Sucks....

at taking pictures!!! Man that the pictures dont do them justice is an understatement. These things are beautiful. Without the burst these would have been awesome. But with it, it just goes to the next level.

I will share some pics, and my impressions soon. (Tough weekend ahead).

Thanks again to all! I can already say that beauty wise it was well worth the wait.

Max

maxkoz

Re: ST of the Month/Week/Day
« Reply #81 on: 22 Dec 2008, 02:40 am »
A couple of quick pics. What do you guys think?

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #82 on: 22 Dec 2008, 02:57 am »
Uh   Jim  sucks.  Someone take that camera away from him.    They look shweeeet.         

yooper

« Reply #83 on: 22 Dec 2008, 03:33 am »
IMHO, you own the nicest par of SongTowers I have seen, and Jim sure has churned out many beautiful pairs.

Congrats and enjoy!

Mark

funkmonkey

« Reply #84 on: 22 Dec 2008, 05:29 am »
Yeah, what Dennis said.  Those look freakin' awesome Max.  Somehow you captured much more depth in the grain than Jim managed to.  Congratulations!
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

PMAT

« Reply #85 on: 22 Dec 2008, 05:42 am »
Peoples, try putting some light, or lights, on your speakers and shoot them on a tripod or lay your camera on a table and use the timer. Play around. Flash usually sucks. Most of Jim's pictures suck hind tit. Someone please volunteer to shoot his speakers for him. I would but I'm on the left coast.

jsalk

« Reply #86 on: 22 Dec 2008, 01:52 pm »
Guess its time to get rid of my trusty Brownie Instamatic.  Think I could sell it on eBay?

- Jim

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #87 on: 22 Dec 2008, 01:59 pm »
Peoples, try putting some light, or lights, on your speakers and shoot them on a tripod or lay your camera on a table and use the timer. Play around. Flash usually sucks. Most of Jim's pictures suck hind tit. Someone please volunteer to shoot his speakers for him. I would but I'm on the left coast.

Jim's pictures suck?

I wish mine sucked like that!   aa

George

TomS

« Reply #88 on: 22 Dec 2008, 02:15 pm »
Guess its time to get rid of my trusty Brownie Instamatic.  Think I could sell it on eBay?

- Jim
Guess we're just going to have to banish you for a few months to the "Eye Fidelity" Circle  :lol:

I, for one, love the pictures so keep 'em coming...  just as they are is fine for me.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #89 on: 22 Dec 2008, 03:36 pm »

Jim's pictures suck?

I wish mine sucked like that!   aa

George

[/quote]

Well, he's got to suck at something. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #90 on: 22 Dec 2008, 04:05 pm »

- Jim

You could move up to a Polaroid! :wink:

rydenfan

« Reply #91 on: 22 Dec 2008, 04:33 pm »
Those look amazing  :thumb:

maxkoz

« Reply #92 on: 22 Dec 2008, 11:10 pm »
Bad picture is better than no picture  :lol:

I just wanted to point out how much nicer they are in person than on pictures. As long as Jim doesnt quit making speakers and goes into the photographer business we are all safe.

I cant thank Jim enough for his time and effort, getting my speakers just right!

Nu, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I will try to add some more pics, as I am a proud father of 5 now (2 kids, 3 speakers)  :D

PMAT

« Reply #93 on: 23 Dec 2008, 12:07 am »
Speakers and anything glossy are fairly hard to photograph. I'm not being critical, I just love the eye candy that Jim produces. I want better pics if possible. Lets just go for it.

Nuance

« Reply #94 on: 23 Dec 2008, 04:25 pm »
Jim's pics don't suck that bad.  I wish my pics turned out that nice...oh wait, my camera is 6 years old.  DOH!  New camera for Christmas anyone?   :lol:

Max, those honestly are some of the best ST's I've ever seen.  You really made the right choice, and your pics combined with Jims give me shivers - they are that beautiful!  I can't wait to see more pics and read your listening impressions!  Enjoy buddy!

Intamin

« Reply #95 on: 27 Dec 2008, 08:10 pm »
There are some great looking song towers in this thread! Jim does some mighty fine finish work, and I admire my finish every time I see them. I'll have to post new pics of the set up once I can steal my fiance's camera from her.

fishinbob

« Reply #96 on: 28 Dec 2008, 02:57 pm »
Very nice finish Max. Probably hard to keep your eyes on the screen at times. :green:

maxkoz

« Reply #97 on: 29 Dec 2008, 01:28 am »
Very nice finish Max. Probably hard to keep your eyes on the screen at times. :green:

Yeaaaa they are pretty sweet, but I am amazed at how the sound seems to come from the screen and not the speakers. I consistently check my receiver to make sure that I am in stereo and not some other 5.1 mode. I haven't been able to spend much time listening, but I can already tell they are special.  :P

Rapt

« Reply #98 on: 3 Jan 2009, 12:51 am »
Jim
           Just a suggestion: I would hire a professional photographer to show you the best way to get the wood grains out of your masterpieces I think it would be money well spent for your business, as you well know audiophiles buying your products do so looking at a monitor,  and the rest of us could enjoy just what really outstanding work you do to the extreme!  :thumb:

PMAT

« Reply #99 on: 4 Jan 2009, 06:40 am »
Find one that loves music and gear and it'd probably be free. Nathan, know anybody?