Re: Biamp Loudspeaker system

WireNut

« on: 6 Apr 2016, 09:53 pm »
This is a killer deal. Once in a lifetime. Selling only due to hospital bills and mortgage payments.
Have a look and enjoy.
$1500.00 for the speaker system, DBX223 Crossover, all cables, and One push/pull bass cabinet.
It includes, Two top MTM's, Two bottom bass cabinets, Balanced and unbalanced cables, DBX 223 Active Crossover.
One push Pull bass cab that is about 95% finished. Very little left to do. It fits 2 Swan Hi/Vi W12's drivers per cabinet which is whats being used in the system now.
The single bass cabinet can be used as a mono sub or build a second one for stereo subs.
This is a DIY project from Joseph D Appolito, and Tony Gee, built and programmed by me on a large CNC milling machine.
Cabinets are only primed, so you can paint them to match your decor.

For those of you that may be wondering, I drive the Top MTM cabinets with a 50 watt class A power amp by threshold, the model T50 amp, it drives them beautifully.
The bottom cabs I like to have more power. So far the best amp I've used for bass is the Audio Research 150.2 that I purchased for $1250.00 on Agon.
I've tried other amps for the bottom end but the ARC 150.2 is the best so far on my budget.

Thanks for looking.
PM Me if interested.

BTW, I'm in West Chester Ohio 45069.

Thanks Steve,

Push / Pull bass cabinet.

« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2016, 04:57 pm by WireNut »

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: Biamp Loudspeaker system $1000.00
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2016, 01:56 am »
What a killer deal. Ship them to me.

Rocket Ronny

aln

Great system
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2016, 02:43 pm »
Fantastic speaker setup!  Good luck-though you might consider keeping the top cabinets for your new place and selling the bass units alone.  Why Not?

Best

WireNut

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2016, 05:23 pm »

Rocket Ronny

Unfortunately they are way to big and heavy for me to ship. They would have to be picked up at my home in West Chester Ohio 45069.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 07:56 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

Re: Great system
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2016, 05:27 pm »
Fantastic speaker setup!  Good luck-though you might consider keeping the top cabinets for your new place and selling the bass units alone.  Why Not?

Best

I thought about that but I don't think my neighbors would like it. I already get shit from my neighbors when I turn them on in my current house.

WireNut

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2016, 05:29 pm »
They are going to have to be sold. They are my pride and joy but it's time for me to let them go.
First come first served.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 07:57 pm by WireNut »

M41A

« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2016, 12:33 am »
Will these fit in a "RAV 4" size SUV or will I need a pickup?

WireNut

« Reply #7 on: 9 Apr 2016, 05:17 pm »
Will these fit in a "RAV 4" size SUV or will I need a pickup?

I think they will fit in a Rav 4 if you put the bass cabs in the back and the top speaker in the front. They may all fit in the back but I sure would line them with some padding.

WireNut

« Reply #8 on: 9 Apr 2016, 05:32 pm »
Here are some more pics of the speaker you ask for. Remember I am a CNC Programmer and machinist and these were my price and joy. I hate to sale them but that's life getting older. The cabinets are built from West System epoxy. They are so strong the wood will break before the epoxy joints would break if you dropped them off the top of your house. All the drives are like new and I can't find any flaw in the construction. If you happen to see a small flaw bondo will fix it right up. You you never find a loudspeaker system of this quality aging. I worked my ass for on these loudspeakers and they are my pride and joy.

Here's some new pics.
Building loudspeakers has been a hobby of mind since I was 12. This is my ultimate loudspeaker.

See more pics.

Notice the top cabinets. They are CNC by me as a machinist and programmer. They had to be perfect and that's what they are. Look at the bevels and the angled radius under the top two woofers. You can't do that my hand. Maybe you could but it would be a PITA. This kind of deal will never come up again. I am selling my house and moving into an apartment and they have to go. My loss is your gain.

WireNut

« Reply #9 on: 9 Apr 2016, 05:47 pm »
Joseph D'Appolito crossover for the top MTM's the bottom cabs are driven by a DBX crossover for bass only that I will thro in with the deal.

WireNut

« Reply #10 on: 9 Apr 2016, 06:10 pm »
There is no way in hell that you will find a better system for $1500.00. I no longer need by Rca and balanced cables so I will thru them as well with the deal.
I know this deal sounds to unreal but life at 60 years old and out of work has made this happen.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:02 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #11 on: 9 Apr 2016, 07:24 pm »
I live in West Chester ohio 45069.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:02 pm by WireNut »

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #12 on: 9 Apr 2016, 09:14 pm »
I know West Chester, nice place.

What are the dimensions when put together? Thanks.

WireNut

« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2016, 10:14 pm »
he loudspeakers are 56-3/4 tall.
The top cabs are 22.5 T X 19 D X 10-1/8 wide
Bottom cabs are 34.25 T X 15.25 D X 16.5 WIDE.
The MTM crossover is mounted on top the cabinet.
The bass cabs will need an external crossover which I will provide my DBX 223XS which is new.

Here are some more pics hopefully they will all upload.
The side of one of the top cabs you will see a black mark, That is from having a candle to close, it will wipe of easily.

Remember these cabinets are just primed. I like them so much I never want ed to take them back apart to paint. I'm not a great painter anyway.
You can paint them any color you want. I always thought black sides with a very dark deep purple fronts.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:03 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2016, 10:25 pm »
Notice the top cabinets. They are CNC by me as a machinist and programmer. They had to be perfect and that's what they are. Look at the bevels and the angled radius under the top two woofers. You can't do that my hand. Maybe you could but it would be a PITA. This kind of deal will never come up again. I am selling my house and moving into an apartment and they have to go. My loss is your gain.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 07:58 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #15 on: 10 Apr 2016, 10:33 pm »

Rocket Ronny

To heavy to ship Ronny. You can cruse up here any time and pick them up. Just give me a holler.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 07:56 pm by WireNut »

xsilverjag

« Reply #16 on: 11 Apr 2016, 06:28 pm »
Can the crossover be placed in the cabinet?

Thanks

Jamey

WireNut

« Reply #17 on: 12 Apr 2016, 12:27 am »
Can the crossover be placed in the cabinet?

Thanks

Jamey

It probably can I just prefer to have it external. I was planning to mount the crossovers on the rear of the top cabinets but it never happened. The crossover uses very good components. I did not short change any components in the crossovers. Or any other components. The crossovers could also be mounted on the back of the bass cabinets with no problems.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 07:58 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2016, 12:39 am »
Don't be put off by DIY speakers . I have been building loudspeakers since I was 12 years old, I am now 60. I've built many loudspeakers over the years, These are my pride and joy. They are great playing softly but they will rock if you want them to. Again, I am retiring and I cannot take these to an apartment. The neighbors would not appreciate it. Hence the sale.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 07:59 pm by WireNut »

xsilverjag

« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2016, 01:22 am »
how close can they be to the wall? Also what is the Frequency response on the subwoofers?

Thanks