bundee1

Response Audio Jolida/RAM SIGNATURE amplifiers
« Reply #20 on: 24 Mar 2003, 05:51 pm »
Would you take an Arcam for a trade-in?

Lady Gator

JD 1501RC and CD recorder problem
« Reply #21 on: 1 Jun 2003, 06:34 am »
Hi Bill,
I have had this amp for 18 mos. I just bought a Harmon Kardon CD recorder/dubbing deck and hooked it up using Tape 2 for source. It works fine, I am able to record CD's from my XM radio & copy CDs, but I'm finding the amp is acting odd when the CD is on or even just on in standby mode. It won't respond consistently when I press buttons (directly or via the remote) to turn off/on, or change source. When I turn the HK off, the amp works as before.
Is there a chance I hooked this up wrong? Is there a problem with using this kind of component with the 1501RC?
Thanks for any input.
Lisa

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #22 on: 1 Jun 2003, 02:53 pm »
I also have a 1501RC in one of my systems and run a Studio Marantz CDR-631 recorder and use it alot for recording vinyl. For CD recording, I have always used the optical digital hookup. I have not experienced any of the problems you mentioned. I will have to double check which tape loop I am using. The two tape loops on the 1501RC are not the same! Nor are the output levels on CD recorders.

For the last several months, I have not had it hooked up for playback, only record as I use my main player only for playback. I will have to put it back in the "loop".

Have you tried using it in Tape 1?

I will look into it with my system and let you know the results.

Lady Gator

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jun 2003, 07:39 pm »
Okay, I changed it to Tape 1. It still won't change sources while the HK CD dub deck is on & also, I notice my remote doesn't work either when the CD recorder is on, nor when my XM radio is on. [It used to work fine when the XM was on]. I have to turn them off to change sources or use the remote.
It works when my FM tuner is on or when my Sony 5 CD changer is on.
I have everything plugged into a surge protect strip.
Thanks for the quick response....Lisa

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #24 on: 1 Jun 2003, 07:53 pm »
Hmmm.... Let me do some checking on my system. I never had this type of problem. I do know that with some preamps, they do not function properly with some sources plugged in and turned on but not in use. This is due to circuitry in the pre not the source.
  I'll be back....