Bryston nightmare

Socal77

Bryston nightmare
« on: Yesterday at 04:18 pm »
Hello,

I have long been a fan of Bryston.  I have a BDP-3 in my main system, a BP26MC, a BDP-1, and a 3BSST(Squared) in my second system. Eleven weeks ago tomorrow I ordered a BIT-20 through a major Bryston dealer. Bryston wanted to drop ship it to me and insisted it come on a skid via freight. The stated delivery time would be "four weeks at the absolute outside."  Again, now at eleven weeks. Throughout the process, my dealer and I had a hell of a time getting Bryston to update us on schedule.

Allegedly the unit was shipped last week. The communication with the freight company and their delivery minions has been another cluster....you know what. I was told two days ago by Vortex Freight that the BIT would be delivered today.  Yesterday a little after noon when I was not home (not expecting a delivery) I received a call and voicemail from a number with no ID or return number stating that the driver was in my driveway. He wanted to deliver a "400 lb. speaker assembly."  Hmmm, that would be 312 lbs of box and skid for an 88 ib. unit. I questioned Vortex if that was actually my BIT and was told "the weight is calculated and not real." Someone appears to be cooking the books. Maybe Biden can blame his inflation on that.

Today Vortex Freight again told me delivery would happen today. I cleared my calendar and will remain home to receive delivery.  I just received a call from the delivery company saying they want to schedule deliver for tomorrow. Unsatisfactory. 

I have heard the Bryston T-10 speakers and was considering them.  I think I am done with Bryston for awhile.  If the unit doesn't arrive today as promised I will cancel the order. If it does arrive, it better be sonic nirvana. My dealer commented that since the Axiom involvement, things have gone south at Bryston.  That is a shame.

audio.bill

Re: Bryston nightmare
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:19 pm »
Obviously I don't know about the shipping details for this particular unit, but it's become common in the industry for shippers to charge what they refer to as "dimensional weight". It's calculated with a formula based on the actual weight of the shipment as well as its measured dimensions. The billable weight therefore often differs significantly from a shipment's actual weight alone. I hope you receive your BIT-20 soon and that you're happy with it in the end.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Bryston nightmare
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:03 am »
Incredible LOL