streamplayer III SE

bakufu

streamplayer III SE
« on: 13 Oct 2022, 08:25 pm »
i want to say what a pleasure it's been working with jim over the last few weeks getting my streamplayer up and running after installing an 8tb internal SSD. 

jim's design is a rare example of what computer scientist david gelernter has called "machine beauty".  elegant, minimalist, and a pleasure to use.  i'm convinced that the streamplayer is one of the hidden treasures in audio.

thanks jim.

rowdyrobot

Re: streamplayer III SE
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2022, 08:36 pm »
That’s a beautiful listening space too. I understand how bass traps, diffusers, etc improve sound quality, but I’d also opt for a nice view of nature with huge windows while listening. Looks peaceful.

Saturn94

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2022, 01:04 am »
 :thumb:

bakufu

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2022, 02:41 pm »
That’s a beautiful listening space too. I understand how bass traps, diffusers, etc improve sound quality, but I’d also opt for a nice view of nature with huge windows while listening. Looks peaceful.

thank you!  ohm recommends placing their omnidirectional speakers close to hard surfaces.  since the photo was taken i've moved the speakers closer to the rear wall. 

DEP14

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2022, 11:49 am »
i want to say what a pleasure it's been working with jim over the last few weeks getting my streamplayer up and running after installing an 8tb internal SSD. 

jim's design is a rare example of what computer scientist david gelernter has called "machine beauty".  elegant, minimalist, and a pleasure to use.  i'm convinced that the streamplayer is one of the hidden treasures in audio.

thanks jim.

Cool OHM's, and cool Ampzilla's... retro yet modern.

I've always wanted to try those Ampzilla 2000's.

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2022, 02:11 am »
Hi,

Wow I'm impressed with your system. Great post and I'm glad Jim was so helpful and you like his product. You have an Ambrosia preamplifier in one system and Ampzilla mono blocks in another. Have you tried them as a combo?

I bought an Ambroisa after my divorce and use it with my ampzilla mono blocks. My room totally sucks and I sold my Salk Sound HT3's and use Song 3's now as they a front ported and smaller for my room.

Cheers Rod