Ncore and power conditioning

Phil

Ncore and power conditioning
« on: 20 Oct 2012, 06:18 pm »
The benefits of using a PIAudio majikbuss has me wondering what, if any, power conditioning Ncore owners are using.

What worked well:  straight no chaser
What worked best:  majikbuss
What didn't:  isolation transformer

Phil

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Ncore and power conditioning
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2012, 06:22 pm »
I seem to have settled on my ATSAH (NC1200) plugged into an UberBuss.  My whole system is powered from them...and I have many of them.    :no_see:

Phil

« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2012, 06:30 pm »

do you have more than one dedicated line with separate uberbusses?  just curious.  have been thinking about an uberbuss (only have room for one) with two IECs fed by two dedicated lines (if Dave thought that made sense) so that I could separate sources and amp better.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2012, 06:35 pm »
do you have more than one dedicated line with separate uberbusses?  just curious.  have been thinking about an uberbuss (only have room for one) with two IECs fed by two dedicated lines (if Dave thought that made sense) so that I could separate sources and amp better.
One dedicated line with one duplex.  Two Ubers are plugged into that and then each Uber is daisy chained to another. 

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2012, 07:33 pm »
Would a magikbuss suffice or is there something special about the uber?

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2012, 08:03 pm »
Would a magikbuss suffice or is there something special about the uber?

It's not a matter of what is sufficient. That depends on your wallet. So yes the Über is better and the commensurate difference in price is fair. Just pick one.

Anand.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2012, 09:02 pm »
The benefits of using a PIAudio majikbuss has me wondering what, if any, power conditioning Ncore owners are using.

What worked well:  straight no chaser
What worked best:  majikbuss
What didn't:  isolation transformer

Phil

Hi Phil, are you still using the Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX that you had installed in your build? I see Ric Schults has now included the Pulse Gen ZX in his mods & assembly package. While I can't speak for NCore benefits per say, I can say both the Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX and the PI Audio UberBuss (and MajicBuss prior to that) work very well together with all my components in my system. No D-Class amps in my system, FWIW.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Phil

« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm »
Yes, Robin, still using the pulse gen + the buss.  As you know, the inventor of the pulse gen believes in treating inside the box as well as the incoming AC, so I think he would agree with this approach.

At any rate, as you note, a nice combination either with class D or your Butlers.

Phil

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm »
Yes, Robin, still using the pulse gen + the buss.  As you know, the inventor of the pulse gen believes in treating inside the box as well as the incoming AC, so I think he would agree with this approach.

At any rate, as you note, a nice combination either with class D or your Butlers.

Phil

FWIW Phil, I relate the Pulse Gen to the Quantum Symphony Pro and believe the Pulse Gen is using the same electromagnetic field technology to suppress noise as the Symphony Pro does, only on a much smaller scale so to make it effective inside a component. I use to have a Symphony Pro but it was so powerful that I had to place it on the opposite side of my house in order to enjoy it's benefits. My landlady has it now for her TV and Dish DVR receiver.

But yes, the Pulse Gen ZX and the UberBuss have worked well with my Butler amps, Sunfire processor, DirecTV DVR, and over the CPU in my HTPC.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin